TheCops begs forgiveness

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

TheCops begs forgiveness

Post by TheCops »

i see you deleted the poll i made about Frankenstein women, fair enough, it ain't my board.

yet, dedman had a poll about polls that came after my poll that i polled in response to the other TV diva polls. my poll was a creative way to mock the other poll makers; it was a joke poll of sorts.

so, to be consistent you might want to delete his poll as well… so it doesn’t look like you are pickin’ on me.

thanks for the dbb.
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

don't worry, my pasta poll was deleted too... which was a legitimate question! :( poor pasta poll; we hardly knew ye
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i recon polls are a good idea. but it's pretty stupid to base an entire thread around a really dumb question.

you gotta also have some kinda MEAT in the thread.
not just a poll for the sake of a poll (when it's the only thing in the thread).

mobi's "what mediaplayer do you use?" poll thread made sense.
my "robots weeeeeee" poll didn't make sense. but it didn't have to make sense because the thread was supposed to be for discussion of the robot race.
(as a result i would have rather the thread WASN'T marked as a poll)

how about we make it an option to have the thread marked as a "poll" or "just a normal thread", instead of automatically marking ANY thread with a poll in it as a "poll thread".

oh and also, don't make boring useless threads, (especially not boring useless poll threads).
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The evil nazi admins have spoken and polls are disabled, there is no point to even talking about it anymore.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Krom wrote:The evil nazi admins have spoken and polls are disabled, there is no point to even talking about it anymore.
They're not disabled...just don't be stupid :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I have no problem with polls... but I do think it's lame that people are like "OMG POLLS ARE ENABELD I GOTA POST A POLL!!1!1~1!" So yeah, guys, don't be stupid with the polls. I know it's your new toy, but you don't have to play with it 24/7...

It's like when I got a car with power windows, and my best friend sat there like "window up... window down... window up... window down... window up... window down." I finally hit the "lock out his window control" button, and only gave him back control of the window when he promised to be reasonable and only roll it up or down when he legitimately wanted to change the air flow / temperature in the car.

So, guys, the polls got out of hand, and understandably, Xciter locked you out of them (at least for a while.) Be reasonable with them. (And I'm sad I missed Cops's poll ragging on the other polls.)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1279

Reading announcements is A-1 SUPAR!
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

is it really that hard to just not read a poll thread if you dont like polls and not whine?
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

kurupt wrote:is it really that hard to just not read a poll thread if you dont like polls and not whine?
For you? Sure. For the mods? We have to read everything as part of our job.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

How about we disable polls in all current forums and create a new forum that will be nothing but polls. Call it the polling station or something.

This post is one half sarcasm and one half seriousness.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I suggested banning polls in all forums except E&C, if it's possible.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

ah yes, touche. i forget that its the DBB, when i mod on the d3kbb once in awhile i make a sticky ;D