Server Slow

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Server Slow

Post by BUBBALOU »

RC Reboot the server or flush the cache. Slow as molasses.

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Beyond Ridiculous now!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Huh? You talking about the forums? Not slow here. Try rebooting your pc and router.
Why doesn't it work?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It is fine if you are only posting shorter posts, but as soon as you try to type out something longer than some limit it either turns mega slow, or white screen of deaths the post. Editing mid-sized or larger posts is impossible as well.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I've had some issues in E&C.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

Krom wrote:It is fine if you are only posting shorter posts, but as soon as you try to type out something longer than some limit it either turns mega slow, or white screen of deaths the post. Editing mid-sized or larger posts is impossible as well.
I remember it doing that a couple years ago. Didn't a forum update fix that? Maybe this time the database probably needs some work.
Why doesn't it work?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

A conversion to phpBB 3.0 would probably fix it because this problem is most likely caused by the pathetic hack job that is phpbb 2.x search and 3.x uses MySQL native search.