Auto Log In

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Auto Log In

Post by Spidey »

I can’t seem to get auto log in to stick for more than an hour or so. Is that cookie volatile or something for security reasons?

See I have people on ignore, so I want to be logged in every time I visit, but being a lazy ★■◆●, I tend to read the board without logging in.

I would like to be logged in every time I visit, just so I can get my behavior on an even keel.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Auto Log In

Post by CDN_Merlin »

What if you deleted the cookie and any trace for the DBB in your browser and then tried logging in? Mine works fine. Using Chrome at work and Firefox at home
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Odds are your DBB cookies are corrupt, delete them manually and then try again.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Will do.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea…I’m not having any luck, so if this isn’t a known thing, I’m going to give it up.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Are you using any utilities that clean your browser cache / cookies automatically at regular intervals?

Is your browser set to accept cookies from the DBB (most modern browsers can be set to block cookies from individual sites).

Are you using some privacy / anti-tracking browser extensions or applications which may blanket block cookies?

Is your router/gateway using a deep packet inspection firewall to filter and or control browser cookies?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

1. Norton could be doing that, but I never told it to. (I’ll look into that)
2. I never set my browser to disallow DBB cookies, but it is on automatic, should I put the DBB into trusted sites? (I’ll try that)
3. No
4. That I can’t answer, but I doubt it, I’m using the router Verizon sent me, I did look into the config menu when I first set up FIOS, but I doubt I would have set up any cookie blocking there.

I generally allow cookies, and let Norton get rid of the bad guys for me, such as tracking and such, but it is possible Norton would delete auto log in cookies because of the fact that anybody at the computer could get logged in simply by browsing here.

And Norton does do many things without telling anybody. So I will have to check into that.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, I think I have narrowed it down to NIS, but I doubt I can do anything about it if the chatter on the net is correct.

So, thanks

I’ll update if I do work it out.