Looking for daring Coders as modellers for ODF !

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Looking for daring Coders as modellers for ODF !

Post by Gold Leader »

Hi all

@ ODF I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, my admins have PM'ed me to find more modellers and coders, oif any of you like to join in the fun here's the site:
http://www.odf-online.org/forum/

I have done my part which is the Role Scripting making a Story line for Descent4: Flight Back all we need now is to get it on the road :)

Intro's and Ending is in bold green, Cut scenes are in bold orange and Missions are in bold blue.
http://www.odf-online.org/forum/viewtop ... a&start=30

If any of you are willing to help out, become a member and ask the friendly admins D_Cent @ King_Lo for more information ;)
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Were you aware that Interplay is back up and running with it's eye on a future release of another Descent installment? at some point.

Before you get too far, you might want to consult with them.
MetalBeast
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MetalBeast »

@Obi-Wan:
Please remove my triglider-draft picture from the story.
ODF has no permission for using any of my models, since I leaved this project.

And they never will get the permissions, if they try to name this Game "Descent 4".

We had already this copyright-discussion in the past.

And since Interplay is up again, this get more important!.

posted in ODF forum on 13.04.2008, MetalBeast wrote: Thx for the pic, but what I mean with it is, we can not use Pyro GX as main ship, because all the ships are copyrighted.
We have to design our own ship model. It can look similiar, but must be different enough to be accepted as no plagiarism.

As our game will be independent game, (people don't need the original descent games to play it),
we CAN NOT use any of the original content, it includes ship-shapes, robot-shapes, textures, levels, sounds etc.

Other way, we can get bad in trouble, see "Game name" thread.
You guys should read more about copyrights.
D.Cent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D.Cent »

Yes, MB, you are right in the point we can't do everything without having permissions.

What we're search is a modeller, who can make new ships from scratch.

No, we won't call it Descent4, we thought about \"Flight Back\" or \"Material Defenders: Flight Back\".

And yes, we know that Interplay is back, but as i watched their homepage, I did not see anything that there will ever be a Descent4 from Interplay, and if I'm wrong, this will take some more years.

So, please, don't let this become OT - we only need some skilled programmers and mainly modellers!