Templet software

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Templet software

Post by woodchip »

Need to make some business forms for billing. Something with line and columns for items and costs. I see a number of free software to make templates but I don't know how safe they are. Lost the forms I had in my latest computer debacle so need to make more. Any recommendations?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Templet software

Post by Krom »

Google spreadsheets
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

LIke Krom said, Google Docs or any spreadsheet software is all you need. If using the SUM functions in a spreadsheet are too much work, you can just use any word processing program to draw a 2 or three column table and do the math manually.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

like I said, I can find all sorts of software my bigger concern was "I see a number of free software to make templates but I don't know how safe they are
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Google docs is a thing you get on the internet from your google/gmail account for free. It isn't even installed on your computer and is totally safe.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Thanks for the good advice, appreciate it

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:21 pm... I don't know how safe they are...
Depends on what you mean by safety, but the best place to start is the open source community. A good place to find software is AlternativeTo. None of the free alternatives are vetted by security professionals, but it's a community ranked site so assuming the site owners haven't sold out, the choices are usually pretty good. For instance, all the top picks for spreadsheets are super common and safe:

https://alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-excel/