$125 to spend at CUSA, what to get?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

$125 to spend at CUSA, what to get?

Post by Asrale »

Have $125 worth in giftcards good at CompUSA, wondering what to get. I was thinking an Audigy 2 (not ZS) since my card right now is a Live! MP3+, or a few PC action games, some DVD movies, a GameCube, or GameBoy Advance SP, etc. Suggestions? (If games or movies, name titles.) Even general software too...you know, like AntiVirus 2004 or something like that... (except I don't need AV software) Image

Plz don't suggest computer upgrades other than the sound card, there's nothing in my P3 1GHz to upgrade anymore that would make sense: 384MB SDRAM, 20GB ATA-66 HDD (really don't need more space at this point in time), ATi 9100 (aka 8500 LE), 48x24x48 CD-RW, 16X DVD-ROM.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Cold cathodes.

Or if ricing out your computer isn't your thing, get a gamecube. It's the only console I have, and I think it's great.
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

In your case, definitely a cube.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Xbox.

Audigy 2 is actually a good idea as well... Image
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

doesn't look like you have nearly enough RAM, but that's your thing I spose.

Guess the audigy 2 is the way to go!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by WarAdvocat:
<b> doesn't look like you have nearly enough RAM, but that's your thing I spose.

</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

id second that, but since you said no upgrades id go for nice game stick or game controller
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Or some bitchen speakers. Those don't get outdated. Image
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Mr. Perfect:
Or some bitchen speakers. Those don't get outdated. Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't really expect to get any decent speakers for 125. Headphones on the other hand...

Unfortuantely I don't think CUSA does Sennheiser.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well a 2.1 set of Klipsch isn't much more. Someone had them for $130 recently, but I suppose that was just a Christmas special...
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tetrad:
Unfortuantely I don't think CUSA does Sennheiser.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah they do sell Sennheiser headphones (POS that they are)!
Bonz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bonz »

I love my Sennheiser Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Well, you could get yourself a decent TV tuner/capture card and some fans and cables. Image
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

Hey a TV tuner, that's an idea. Except my room isn't wired for cable so I'd have to get the TV off the airwaves. Image

Already have some nice 2.1 speakers. Headphones, I'm already eyeing Beyerdynamic's DT-231, been wanting to get a closed, hi-fi set for a long time.

Seriously considering a GameCube, though I'd set it up with my 17" CRT monitor ideally...how would I do that?
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Asrale:
though I'd set it up with my 17" CRT monitor ideally...how would I do that?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you would either have to get a TV-in card of some sort and have the audio/video through your computer, or get some sort of external box (Viewsonic sells one) that inputs composite and outputs vga. GC doesn't have a VGA output like the Dreamcast did.