Audio Taunt\\Ship Logo Troubles

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Audio Taunt\\Ship Logo Troubles

Post by d3jake »

Greetings folks.

After some troubleshooting last night, I have come to the DBB in hopes that someone else has had a similar plight. My problem lies in Descent3 with audio taunts, and a seemingly similar correlation with my ship logo.

My issue is this: I hear about 50% of the audio taunts played by others. This within itself wouldn't be a horrible thing necessarily if it wasn't for the fact that my outgoing audio taunts have a bug. My audio taunts get sent to the server, and to other players within the game, but when I play an audio taunt, one of two things happens: Either others in the level don't hear my taunt, they hear the taunt they have in their own A.T. slot (i.e., if I play A.T. 3, then they hear whichever taunt they have in that slot on their pilot, or they hear a completely unrelated audio taunt.

To remedy this problem, I have tried clearing out my sounds directory in D3, I have tried completely new pilots, and installs of D3. I have tried using both the 1.4 patch, and the 1.4 nocd patch. On top of this, I have tried a completely separate computer running D3, and it exhibits the same problem. As well as trying three different sets of CDs to install D3 from.

The worst part of this is that at one time, my taunts and ship logo worked without issue. After testing with another person, I had their taunts in my D3 folder, and I heard their taunts.

As for my ship logo: I typically have an American Flag selected. However, during testing, my ship logo was one of Zantor's... I only had one logo in my custom\\graphics directory.

Any further questions\\things I could try?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I think you might get a better response in the Tech Forum.

Krom, you're up.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Ferno wrote:Krom, you're up.
Don't look at me, I always disabled taunts (insufficient replacement to yelling insults across the room during a LAN party).
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Not to mention all the other bugz D3 has with audio taunts, like when you play a taunt that you know no one else has yet and you hear someone else using it when they haven't had time to download it and select it yet. >_<
Freakster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Audio Taunt\\Ship Logo Troubles

Post by Freakster »

Questions for you sir,

A: Are you running Descent 3: Retribution (Merc or no merc optional, ignore this post if the answer is "no")
B: What is your Operating System?
C: What do you use to connect to the internet? (As far as hardware goes.)
C1: Is this WiFi or Hard Wired? (Ignore if the above question's answer is obvious)
D: What is your ping to the server(s) in which you encounter this issue?
Optional: What is your connection settings? (According to the launcher)
This line is true!
The line above this line, is false.

My in-game name is Freakster as well.

Warning: Use of improper English imminant, it's not my primary language.