Europa level not working right

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tomana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Europa level not working right

Post by Tomana »

In the Europa level, I make it all the way to the large fan that you need to reverse the fan blades on by shooting a switch on the wall. Then,once you enter the fan area, you are forced up to the top of the tunnel where there is a chandelier type object and you shoot the stem that's holding the object to the ceiling and it's supposed to get sucked into the large fan and kaboom, now you can proceed.

Problem is,when shot the stem explodes as it's supposed too but the chandelier does not move - it just sits there and I can't proceed with the game.

How do I get the chandelier to move so it will get sucked into the large fan and cause the fan to explode?
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Europa level not working right

Post by Avder »

Tomana wrote:In the Europa level, I make it all the way to the large fan that you need to reverse the fan blades on by shooting a switch on the wall. Then,once you enter the fan area, you are forced up to the top of the tunnel where there is a chandelier type object and you shoot the stem that's holding the object to the ceiling and it's supposed to get sucked into the large fan and kaboom, now you can proceed.

Problem is,when shot the stem explodes as it's supposed too but the chandelier does not move - it just sits there and I can't proceed with the game.

How do I get the chandelier to move so it will get sucked into the large fan and cause the fan to explode?
This happens to me every so often. Make sure you have the fusion cannon. Get all the way to the back of the chamber so you can shoot fusion through the whatchadinger and it will pass through to the fan. Unload your whole energy reserve into the whatchadinger. That should knock it forward just enough to start it moving. Be prepared to wait. Go get coffee. Go use the restroom. Call that relative youve been meaning to talk to for months but never get around to actually calling. When you are done you should be able to come back and see that the fan is now destroyed.
ThugsRook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ThugsRook »

yea, thats been broken for a long time :( ( works in 1.0 )

just get above the thing, reverse the fan switch, and shoot it down til it hits the fan.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

is this a SP Question?
LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by LEON »

It's a bug.

Save the game, and reload. Works every time for me.
I run 1.4 patch BTW.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." -Thomas Sowell
Tomana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Tomana »

thanks for al the replies {8^D

it finally worked, after I shot the support from beneath the thingy, not when pinned against the ceiling. As I was forced up by the fan the ship hit the tip of the thingy and stayed there, I turned and shot the support and the thingy fell no problem. I'll have to go back and see it ship position really made the difference or not.

BTW I'm out-right amazed that no game maker has ever re-made this game with today's graphics ??? Surely it would make them rich, que no?
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

D3 was under-promoted so a lot of people simply have no idea this game even exists.