Sync Firefox tabs with other computers?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Sync Firefox tabs with other computers?

Post by thewolfe »

I'm trying to FF sync so my other computer will have same tabs. I have setup up accounts on my main computer and another computer.

Instruction says Tool/SyncNow on main computer and then go to second computer and and go to History?Tabs from other devices.

No tabs change on second computer.

Also said to try about:sync-tabs

No tabs transfer.

Only way to do it that I have found is to grab the whole Mozilla folder and paste it in other computer.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: Sync Firefox tabs with other computers?

Post by fliptw »

its more like between your phone and your computer.

I also think the browser needs to remain open.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

Well, I sort of got it. When you SyncNow on the main computer and then go to the second computer and click on the Firefox icon in the Tools bar there is History and there there is "Tabs from other devices" that opens up a window but no tabs but also under History are a bunch of website. If you click on any of them it will open on the second computer.

Didn't work like I thought it would by auto populating the tabs but you can choose the tabs that you want to open one at a time.

May even be better since you wouldn't always want all tabs.

You also have to SyncNow on the second computer to get the latest tabs showing in the list from the main computer.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

Well, I just tried my formula for getting tabs on the second computer and none of the new tabs on my main computer showed up on the list for my second computer. Back to the drawing board.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

And further more. If I refresh on the main computer the tabs do show up in History of the second compter.