Attaching

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Attaching

Post by woodchip »

Every now and then when I send a email I get a message it is "attaching" Since I am using the same templet when I email I wonder if the "attaching" is some sort of external virus or could the image I have as part of the templet just be acting up. Since it does not happen all the time and only occasionally, I tend to be suspicious. Any thoughts?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Attaching

Post by woodchip »

OK, just brought up a duplicate templet, copied info from problem templet and pasted to duplicate. Went thru with no problem,
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What email client/service are you using? I know Gmail has some sort of auto-attach suggestion thing.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I use Thunderbird. and the message is not suggesting, it is flat out trying to attach something. Like I said this only comes up sporadically.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Have you ever tried sending yourself a few messages (even better if you have a separate email account, say a web mail account) and seeing what shows up when it happens?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I tried today but it would just hang on the attaching message and not complete sending. I will try again.

fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Thunderbird will prompt you for an attachment if the body of the email suggests it, like using "enclosed" or "included"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I've had those messages fliptw and the message I get is not asking.