USB Converter for MS Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

flanker
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

USB Converter for MS Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus

Post by flanker »

Good day! I have browsed many sites looking for information and all the links in my questions are on this forum. Sorry for my ugly English, move to the topic of the question.
I want to ask about the adapter for the MS Sidewinder 3D pro plus. I recently purchased this joystick, being sure that it's a Sidewinder Precision Pro, but I failed to connect it to USB. I found a link to a solution to the problem http://grendel.koolbear.com/files/Manualv3.pdf but the site no longer works. Please tell me, is it possible to make an adapter for the 3D pro plus using Atmega8. I don't have experience in electronics, but I'm ready to build the adapter yourself. Is there a solution that definitely works with this joystick? I've seen solutions on the Teensy++, but to get it I will be hard.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re: USB Converter for MS Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus

Post by Grendel »

Turn over your joystick and check the bottom plate -- if you have a SideWinder 3D Pro Plus, it should say exactly that. The current version of the USB converter (see this thread) will work with either, the PP or the 3DPP. If you have a PP, check this thread for how to make an USB adapter.
flanker
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by flanker »

I have a 3D Pro Plus, I found out about it when he failed to make a simple adaptor to USB. I saw your adapter, it would be the perfect solution for me. Unfortunately Teensy I will not get it so easy, so I'm looking for the adapter using a Atmega or Arduino.
P.S. I'm a noob in electronics, to me just now realized - Teensy and Arduino interchangeable?
flanker
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by flanker »

Do I understand correctly, 3D Pro and the Pro Plus is on 3D the schematic are the same? Each adapter will work on 3DP 3DPP? I may ask a lot of questions, but all over the Internet only at this forum I found enough information, thank you for your answers.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

The current version of the adapter will work with the Precision Pro, 3D Pro Plus, 3D Pro, and Force Feedback (w/o force support.) The code can be ported to any AVR based CPU, I would suggest to stick with a Mega32U4 chip -- if you wire it up to the same ports you can use the Teensy 2.0 image.