System restore points are gone

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

System restore points are gone

Post by thewolfe »

I was trying to create a restore point every couple of days and it wasn't doing it. So I went into the "task" Scheduler" and tweaked it a bit.

Now I went in today to "System Restore' to see if there were any new restore points made. And not only were there no new restore points made, but there also wasn't any old restore points.

1. Can I "un-tweak the task scheduler because I'm sure that must've been what caused my current problem.

2. Is there any way to repair the damage by getting my restore points back.

PS - I do have another Windows 7 computer and I could probably look at the task scheduler and duplicate the actions. The computer I'm having trouble with his Windows 7 Pro

Additional information - also, the new machine. I'm having trouble with has "Status" as "Ready" and my old machine that's working okay has "Queued"
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: System restore points are gone

Post by thewolfe »

Also, the new machine. I'm having trouble with has "Status" as "Ready" and my old machine that's working okay has "Queued"

And another point, . This is a new Dell machine and I have not use their 'Backup and Recovery" program. might I do that since I don't have any restore points?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well you are probably never going to get your old restore points back, just make a new one manually, while you try to sort out the problem.

I personally would never use task scheduler to make restore points, because for one…you only need one or two, and you only need to make them when doing updates or installing software/hardware and such.

I don’t use DELL’s backup crap either, but I do make all of the backups I need myself.

But yea, you might want to give it a go…up to you.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

I did create new restore point and I do have a "Slave" drive that I backup to every two hours for my data. However, if the computer itself goes wonky I'd like to be able to go back a couple days.

Thanks for the reply.