Signatures

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Signatures

Post by woodchip »

Seems a couple general contractors now want me to sign documents and email them back. Right now that means I have to print them, sign them and then scan them back into the comp. Is there some way I can scan my signature into the comp and then paste that onto a document?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Signatures

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Is there some way I can scan my signature into the comp and then paste that onto a document?
Yes. I have a digital copy of my signature for this exact purpose. Scan you signature (make if fairly large because you will resize it for every document), then use photo editing software such as Gimp to make adjustments such as increasing the contrast and converting it to gray-scale. Be sure to crop it tightly, or if you want to go the expert route, add an alpha channel and remove the white parts completely. Alternatively, when adding it a document you can change the blending mode of the layer to "darken" or "multiply" which makes the white parts transparent.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Signatures

Post by vision »

Also, you can use a Wacom tablet if you have easy access to one. Signing you name with one is clumsy at first.