Question about SSD and SATA 3.0gb

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Question about SSD and SATA 3.0gb

Post by Pumo »

OK, so I just replaced my previous B75 motherboard from Gigabyte (that just died about two months ago) with a H61 motherboard from Biostar.
And I have to say, even if it sounds weird, that I got much more problems since the very first day with the Gigabyte one than with the Biostar one. Maybe it was a faulty board, but I'm happy with the Biostar one.

However I noticed a small issue on the H61 motherboard: that it just has 4x SATA 3.0gb ports (no SATA 6.0gb ports, AT ALL), and I'm planning to buy a 240GB Kingston SSDNow V300 (that is the one I found at the local computer store and that I may be able to buy, cost-wise).

Would the SSD performance be decreased noticeably if I use it on a SATA 3.0gb port, or I wouldn't notice much of a difference between 3.0gb and 6.0gb on daily use performance?
Taking in account that I use my computer for normal desktop activities (Internet, music, image edition, some casual 3D and Video rendering) and some gaming as well.
(Although most of my game data would be stored on a 1TB 7200RPM HDD, anyways).
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Question about SSD and SATA 3.0gb

Post by Krom »

Shouldn't notice a difference at all in a normal client workload, it will still beat the pants off a hard drive.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Question about SSD and SATA 3.0gb

Post by Pumo »

That's perfect!

So definitely, that will be my next purchase for my computer, I got no doubts now. 8)

Thanks once more, Krom!
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)