Sushi anyone?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Sushi anyone?

Post by Dedman »

<b> Sperm whale explodes in Tainan City
Blood and guts of 17-meter long 50-ton mammal splatter sidewalks, automobiles parked nearby</b>

2004-01-27 / Taiwan News, Contributing Writer / By Jason Pan
A dead sperm whale being transported through Tainan City on its way to a research station suddenly exploded yesterday, splattering cars and shops with blood and guts.

Certified by authorities as the largest beached whale on record in Taiwan, the 17-meter 50-ton carcass was being transported by a flat-bed trailer-truck to a special research location after National Cheng Kung University officials and security guards refused to allow the whale on campus.

The whale was to be preserved and an autopsy performed at the "Shi-Tsao Natural Preserve" in Tainan County by a team of marine biologists and taxidermists.

National Cheng Kung University marine biologist, professor Wang Chien-ping, was on the scene and said he had he instructed the truck driver to move the carcass so the whale could be used for educational purposes and an autopsy could be done.

The beached whale was found on along a stretch of coast in Yunlin County on Saturday.

"The animal was close to death when someone found it beached on shore on Saturday... Because of the natural decomposing process, a lot of gases accumulated, and when the pressure buildup was too great, the whale's belly just exploded and spilled blood and the innards on the street," Wang said.

Despite the explosion, enough of the whale remained intact that it will still be transported to the 'Shi-Tsao Natural Preserve' for a scientific examination, Wang added.

Local news reports showed a number of people who had gathered to take photographs of the whale before it exploded in Tainan City, as well as residents and shop owners following the explosion. Many were wearing gauze-masks and trying to clean up the spilled blood and the entrails with brushes and brooms.

"What a stinking mess! This blood and other stuff that blew out on the road is disgusting, and the smell is really awful," said one resident.

The news also showed one section of the street along with several parked automobiles and pedestrian walkways covered in red with copious amounts of splattered whale blood.

Lying on the trailer-truck was the dead whale - underbelly exposed with a large elongated tear where the biological gaseous blowout took place. Besides the shocking red bloody mess, large piles of whale intestines and guts were strewn along the road, leaving an unpleasant and ghastly scene for startled residents.

According to Wang, an initial assessment suggested the animal looked like an older bull whale. He said the carcass weighed over 50 metric tons and measured 17 meters, making it the largest whale ever recorded in Taiwan. He told the press that previous record was an 11-meter sperm whale which was found beached along a Tainan County coast 8 years ago.

Local media reported the sperm whale was still alive when it was found lying on the seashore in Yunlin County by a fisherman on Saturday morning. The man informed the coast guard and the police for help. When the authorities and conservation groups arrived to attempt a rescue during the afternoon, they found the animal had died.

After the news had spread about the giant beached whale, a mini-circus festival atmosphere prevailed on the site. Throughout the day on Sunday, a large crowd of more than 600 local Yunlin residents and curiosity seekers, along with vendors selling snack food and hot drinks, braved the cold temperature and chilly wind to watch workmen try to haul away the dead marine leviathan.

According to local news reports, the animal's record size proved a tough challenge for the work crews, and it took more than 13 hours, 3 large lifting cranes, and 50 workers to get the beached sperm whale loaded onto the flat-bed trailer-truck to be taken on its final trek.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

OMG can you imagine the smell of that chiz?
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Hah!

well at least they werent trying to blow it up!

Oregon Coastal dwellers Were trying to figure out how to rid themselves of a dead beached whale,When one of them had the brilliant idea to use dynamite to blow the offending deceased critter to smithereens.
1/2 a ton of dynamite and some blasting caps and BOOM! large chunks of whale blubber fell for a great distance away smashing cars in the parking lot and all.

Heres the only thing i could dig up at the moment on it.I'll look for more later maybe Image.

http://www.hackstadt.com/features/whale/

http://www.perp.com/whale/

http://www.airbubble.com/blubbered.html
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

Hmmm....

Mr Wang doing research on a Sperm whale o_O
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Sushi is dead fish, not whale. Image
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Splatter bonus?
What's next? Suicidal pedestrians? Image
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

Last year I ate some chicken salad that was too old - I had a very similar response.
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

loL, that is truly funnay, now i gotta check my chinese Satellite to see thier take of the story
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
<b> Splatter bonus?
What's next? Suicidal pedestrians? Image</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love that game!! Image
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

That was no accident!

That was a Palestinian Suicide Whale! Image
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

More correctly: sushi is any meat served raw - you guys just call raw fish sushi. Image (BTW, mostly, the "raw" meat is marinated, and the proteins are denatured, which means, guess what? It aint raw.)

Oh, and someone has to say it:

SWITCH THE GIBS TO "MAXIMUM GORE" Image
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

One more - and this is a true story too!

My Uncle Ross once went for a beach walk in the North Island while on holiday. He walked in the wrong place, and fell into a dead whale which had been buried by bulldozers after a stranding 3 months beforehand! Luckily, he only fell in up to his arm pits! LOL!

EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Topher:
Sushi is dead fish, not whale. Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it lives it's entire life in the ocean it's a fish.

This entire aqautic mamal (whale and porpose) thing is a hoax perpetuated by the Neo-Cons and cattle industry (let's not forget what state our president is from) to get us to stop eating Japanese tuna.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

It obviously died of constipation....
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Update complete with pic.
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Wow!!! Definately blew it's load!
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Those silly asians and their inadequacies Image

I also hope Dedman was trying to be funny with the fish retort. If not, he should probably go back to school Image
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

That's one thing you don't want to experience at dinner
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by [NuB] Dedman:
<b> If it lives it's entire life in the ocean it's a fish.
</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But whales spend a significant portion of their time coming up for air so they can breathe... coupled with their reproductive systems, that makes them MAMMALS, not fish.

Mobi, here's the definition of sushi according to the American Heritage Dictionary:

su-shi (n.): Cold cooked rice dressed with vinegar that is shaped into bite-sized pieces and topped with raw or cooked fish, or formed into a roll with fish, egg, or vegetables and wrapped in seaweed.

Here it is from Merriam-Webster:

su-shi (noun): cold rice dressed with vinegar, formed into any of various shapes, and garnished especially with bits of raw fish or shellfish
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Whales and dolphins are considered mammals. Unlike traditional fish, whales give birth to live young. They are also endothermic (warm-blooded), breathe air directly with lungs (instead of filtering oxygen from water like fish do), mothers have mammary glands, and they also have some degree of hair/bristles. Tis' not liberal conspiracy, 'tis the truth!

And sushi is generally raw fish (snapper, salmon, tuna, even eel) rolled around with rice and wrapped with seaweed and potentially topped with sesame seeds or roe. It's actually very good, though I wouldn't buy it just anywhere (the rawness mandates freshness). Also frequently served with slices of ginger and wasabi (horseradish paste), which really clears up the nasal passages! ^-^
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Solrazor:
Whales and dolphins are considered mammals. Unlike traditional fish, whales give birth to live young. They are also endothermic (warm-blooded), breathe air directly with lungs (instead of filtering oxygen from water like fish do), mothers have mammary glands, and they also have some degree of hair/bristles. Tis' not liberal conspiracy, 'tis the truth!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERETIC
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

CHEATER! Image
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

haha yeah i saw footage of this on the news (obviously not the actual explosion), was laughing my head off when i saw the people walking around with shocked looks on their faces, the faces COVERED IN WHALE BLOOD AND GUTS. Image

lol i'm still laughing weeks later hahahaa. Image
it's just so "monty python", you know

ps: i can eat spoonfulls of wasabi to no effect. weird i know, but to me it's just not hot. (discovered this during a bet, yes my friends were choking on the stuff so it was normal wasabi)

i think it's my superpower. the ability to eat hot foods. oh yes the government will call on me when there is a giant spicy meatball heading for earth.