Oh dear politicians SAVE US from immorality!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Oh dear politicians SAVE US from immorality!

Post by Top Wop »

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7660

Now if you will excuse me, I have a date with a prostitute after this and I got to dump her in the river when im finished.

And while were at it, lets join the mindless bandwagon and not blame the parents for not having controll of their kids. After all, in America its more convinient to find a scapegoat and sue than to pinpoint the real problem.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Hey, I'm all for that. As long as they don't take the game out of MY hands or try to impose censorship on new games.

I'll agree, kids under 16 or 18 shouldn't be able to play games like Grand Theft Auto, they are, by nature, a nasty piece of work. But for those of age, they should be able to play whatever they want. Thats what the ratings system was put in place for. Kids today still get ahold of playboys, so they'll still get ahold of GTA. They won't ever stop it.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Yup. The same can be said for most age sensitive merchandise. There will never be 100% stoppage, but it won't stop people in power from flapping their heads.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

If you don't know the difference between right and wrong by the time you're in your early teens it isn't going to matter much. A game like GTA wouldn't have effected me anymore at 13 or 14 then it did in my early twenties. Probably because I wasn't a stupid fvcktard that acted out everything I saw or heard. You're supposed to do that before you're a teenager IMO :P

They should be worried about elementary school kids playing these games. They make it seem like the vast majority of gaming is done by really little, innocent, blank slate, ripe for programming, kids.

Hey, being able to do something like flying a plane in a game doesn't mean you can jump into the cockpit of a real plane and fly one. Playing a game where you steal vehicles, kill people etc... doesn't teach you how to hotwire a car, dump bodies and clean up the evidence. Also, pulling someone out of a car who doesn't put up a fight is completely different then what would happen if you tried pulling someone out of a real car.

If you don't get your ass shot or beat down or mace in the face or stabbed then you're one lucky mofo.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Oh dear politicians SAVE US from immorality!

Post by Duper »

Top Wop wrote:http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7660

Now if you will excuse me, I have a date with a prostitute after this and I got to dump her in the river when im finished.

And while were at it, lets join the mindless bandwagon and not blame the parents for not having controll of their kids. After all, in America its more convinient to find a scapegoat and sue than to pinpoint the real problem.
LOL WOP. You obviously don't have kids. ;)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Hey Duper, I dont blame you. But all too often when its the fault of the parents, they never get blamed. YOu dont have to have kids to realize that. In fact I play around alot with little kids in my family (and boy do we have fun :P )
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

lol, anyone see the GTA:San Andreas ad to the left of the column.

funay funay!!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Top Wop wrote:Hey Duper, I dont blame you. But all too often when its the fault of the parents, they never get blamed.
x2 x2 x2
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I know where you're coming from. Although, I'm also of the opinion that the game content has gone WAY over the top. Has for some time and will continue to do so. The makers of media will intentionally push the limits because they know that it sells... right, worng, or indifferent. It's also basic pshycology that we are influnced by our environment. thus "Garbage in, garbage out."

Ultimately, is the person doing the violence that is responsible regardless the reason; however it is the publishers and the parent who are to be held accountable for this material. Hiding behind "free speech" and "you don't have to watch it" is lame and defies common sense. Now of course, media is not the sole cause of unsavory behavior. It is likely to amplify it tho. I've lived this first hand. I started playing Descent originally because there was no gore. .. you destroyed robots. In the face of Doom and Quake and many off brand FPS that were serving up plenty of gore, D1 was a nice change.
Article wrote:- the latter of whom is best known for his outspoken stance on homosexuality, which he is accused of comparing to bestiality in public statements.

What has this to do with anything? It is a statement inserted to "prove" that the individuals in question are not trustworthy or just to cast a negative light. This is a bias report of course as it is by an orginization that supports the gaming industry.
*shrug*
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I just want to know what's worse, Hillary's statement or the fact that she used the word "diss." :P