Sidewinder Precision Pro : R-Axis :: Left/Right

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Neptin
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Sidewinder Precision Pro : R-Axis :: Left/Right

Post by Neptin »

How would I setup my Sidewinder Precision Pro's r-axis (twist) to make my ship turn left and right in D3?
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

go to pilots -> controller setup -> joystick/mouse -> click the turn button where it says "x-axis" per dafault, turn the r-axis.
instead of x-axis it should say now r-axis.
Neptin
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hmm

Post by Neptin »

well that changed my heading. is there anyway to use both the x-axis and also use the r-axis for turning. it is annoying that i can only be used for banking or heading, or so it seems
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

i'm afraid i don't understand what you actually want to turn, since everything that's rotating is referred to as turning.
but you can assign two axes to one control, just use both slots (the 2nd button next to it). it should say "x-axis" and "r-axis" then, for instance.

i can send you a pic if necessary.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Please don't use this config. Fatal made this one famous back at the 50K tourney, but believe me, it's a fast track to Occupational Over-use Syndrome (OOS, RSI, whatever you call it over there).

If you wish to ruin your wrists, and suffer major tendonitis in double-quick time, then by all means, please go ahead.