logitech rumblepad2 contra D3 (and D2)

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

desmac
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

logitech rumblepad2 contra D3 (and D2)

Post by desmac »

hi there
i am a new one here, but as old as possible in D2 and D3.

I've searched Your topics about joystics and gamepads, but afaik nobady have had my problem...

It seems to me, that in D3 it is not possible to programm all buttons and dual joystics and touchpad

I ve got a new logirech rumblepad2 (ok, my son has got it ;)) - double analog joystics, touchpad and 10 or sth buttons. Win XP. Game patched as high as possible now (tried 1.4 and 1.5)

some actions are able to be programmed to joystics (eg forward and backword for instance) but others (up and down for instance) dont see joystics' movement. D3 doesnt see some buttons as well. Is that because there is too big time gap between D3 and rumblepad?. Or there is something i dont know?

Ive tried swapping joys, configuration etc...
ive tried wingman pre-defined profile for D# but it looks the same.

Could You please help me?
btw sorry for my english, its not my native

tia
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

the profiles for the wingman software are joypad button to keyboard mapping - ie you can have the joystick

Blame D3's limited button support, the above is the only solution.

you might want to to try d2x-w32 instead of the standard d2.
desmac
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by desmac »

well, ive tried to map a buttons and joys on gamepad as the letters on the keyboard via profiler, but it didnt work. Or do i do sth wrong?

Is it sth like Gates said that "nobody will need moe than 640 kB physical mem ever..."

thx for Your answer

--
pzdr
mac (desmac)
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Well for D3 just remember that there are 2 different config screens:

The Joystick Screen (which has seperate bindings for buttons and axes)
The Keyboard Screen (which has bindings for keys)

So for an axis, try all 3 different binding possibilties.

Throttle (axis)
Forward/Reverse (buttons)
Forward/Reverse (keys)

Slide Vertical (axis)
Slide Up/Slide Down (buttons)
Slide Up/Slide Down (keys)

Slide Horizontal (axis)
Slide Left/Slide Right (buttons)
Slide Left/Slide Right (keys)

Heading (axis)
Turn Left/Turn Right (buttons)
Turn Left/Turn Right (keys)

Pitch (axis)
Pitch Up/Pitch Down (buttons)
Pitch Up/Pitch Down (keys)

Bank (axis)
Bank Left/Bank Right (buttons)
Bank Left/Bank Right (keys)

If it still doesn't work then I guess you're out of luck. =/
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

First off, I don't know of anyone who plays D3 with a gamepad, so it might be difficult for us to advise you. I'm pretty sure it's possible, so here are some things that have to be done.

WinXP needs to "see" your device in Control Panel/Gaming Controllers. If your device is not auto selected, you will need to click the "Add" button and program it.

Not sure about gamepads, but Logitech joysticks do not require using the Profiler software. However, it does allow some fine tuning of the stick.

Start D3 and click Setup/Controls. Make sure the game recognizes your controller.

Next, go into the game and click Options/Config. D3 is mapped to a standard WASD keyboard configuration which can be changed. However, the important thing to remember is that the Keyboard, Joystick/Mouse and Profiler must all be mapped to the same keys.

Hope this helps.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I use a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power. You shouldn't have any problem assigning any of the buttons or axes within the game for either D2x-W32 or D3. My configuration is X/Y for turning, Z/4th for sliding, and the bottom triggers ("shoulder buttons?") for acceleration/reverse. I would try losing the profile software first. Once you get it working without, then you can play around with the profile software enabled. But it really won't be useful for D2 or D3 unless you intend on tweaking your axis sensitivity curves (for lack of a better term) or something.
desmac
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by desmac »

hi

thanks everybody for Your time.
me got no time to check tonight if what You say will help me, but hope it will.

Anyway, I always played D2 and D3 using numpad on keybrd (left hand) and logitech trackball (right). I just wonder if using gamepad is as usefull as this old configuration.

--
thx
mac (desmac)