dual joystick setup

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

elliotm
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

dual joystick setup

Post by elliotm »

anyone else using a dual joystick config?

here's what i've gone through:

Logitech
2.4Ghz Wireless(refurb, disconnected at inportune moments)
Extreme 3D Pro(major calibration defect, but new ones ok)
Attack3(crapped out after a month)

dissappointed, I got some CH equip

Fighterstick USB(lotsa buttons!!! great! but long throw in stick and a teensy weensy bit of slop in the x-axis tech support would not address. made for big hands, too, hat switch use took weeks for my thumb to get used to reaching way up)
Flightstick Pro(only word for it is perfect)

currently i'm using the CH Flightstick Pro(left hand) for accel/reverse/afterburner/bank/weaponcycle/flare/rearview/headlight and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro(w/two year Best Buy replacement plan) for everything else(x/y/slide/taunts/MD/Fusion/chaff(right hand). I used the Fighterstick for such a long time, but for the $$ I must sadly say it hasn't performed as well as the Flightstick. It was awesome having so many buttons, but it's more for flightsims than arcade games. The Extreme 3D has a shorter throw and a heavier base which i wish the CH sticks would employ as some slipping as sliding has cost me a win, now and then. need a rubber mat, or something...

tried saiteck x45, too, but put that aside from freespace 2, only.

anyway, most important this is i don't have to use the keyboard to control my ship!
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

Check out This Thread.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

yeah i broke the Saitek X36 Flight system in less than 2 hours...what a peice of garbage.

Different tension springs would resolve that issue you are refering to with the Flightstick. If not post here someone has a trick for everything

but follow post above and clicky
elliotm
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by elliotm »

hmm...new springs of the same model or from a different model?

i've already opened it up and voided the warranty, didn't discern that the springs were loose...i was wondering if it was the gimbal