A Misconception

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

386DX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

A Misconception

Post by 386DX »

Somedumbass is not Candyass. I'm just a 20 year old who loves to play Descent. I've been accused of being him several times and now instead of being bitched at because of my horrible connection (i know it's bad) i've been told i'm using a speed hack.

A couple of things I imagine makes people not like me even though I don't say much in game until someone accuses me of stuff.

1) I'm aggressive. Sorry but I am and that is my major fault, nothing personal.

2) The name somedumbass. could be taken as degrading i guess

So basically I'd just like to make it clear that I am not "you know who" and that I'm actually really nice and I enjoy helping noobs out when I can. I don't hack. I enjoy the game too much and I've been a regular for 3 or 4 years now.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Brush it off. Nobody really cares, they just like to complain out loud in the moment.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You're sorry for being aggressive in an FPS?

I used to get accused of cheating on a daily basis, as did Krom, here. Like he said, you have to brush it off. Not everyone is going to be a good sport.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

My idea of a degrading alias would be something like this ( Names have been hidden to protect the newbs from further humiliation ):

But it's less the alias and more what I did while using the alias.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Chances are good that the guy who accused you of using a speed hack *WAS* Candyass... ;)

Seriously though. Get up in people's faces if they call you a cheater. Of course you can go overboard, but don't just brush it off. I brushed it off for a long time and ended up getting banned from servers for cheating... even though I never cheated. This was back in 2000, but I don't think the attitude of D3 players has changed much.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Suncho wrote:Chances are good that the guy who accused you of using a speed hack *WAS* Candyass... ;)

Seriously though. Get up in people's faces if they call you a cheater. Of course you can go overboard, but don't just brush it off. I brushed it off for a long time and ended up getting banned from servers for cheating... even though I never cheated. This was back in 2000, but I don't think the attitude of D3 players has changed much.
I def' agree with Suncho (who is so good he appears to be cheating)....if your that good get up in their grill and hammer the hell outta 'em! Non-responsiveness could lead to misconceptions that lead to further suspicions. Kill 'em all, let Vortex sort 'em out! :lol:
386DX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by 386DX »

Thanks for the advice guys.I don't want to be know behind my back as some jerk or hacker so I decided to post here to let everyone know that I'm not.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I played with you. I didn't think you were cheating either. You were really good.

Bettina
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Oh! I just got banned from a server. What a flood of memories... =)

edit: I wasn't even doing that well. *shrug*

My joystick had become unstuck from the table so it was kind of floating around freely. Maybe I was banned for equipment failure. ;)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Suncho wrote:Oh! I just got banned from a server. What a flood of memories... =)

edit: I wasn't even doing that well. *shrug*

My joystick had become unstuck from the table so it was kind of floating around freely. Maybe I was banned for equipment failure. ;)
well now that's BS! Don't they know you around here by now Suncho? What gives?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Suncho doesn't use his real name usually :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

It's no better if you do use your real name.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Heh. Good point. You need to suck to play on some servers. I can think of one serverop who kicks anyone who has a better score than he does.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

*whispers*

D1... D1... D1... all is well in the older versions...

;)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Sirius wrote:D1... D1... D1... all is well in the older versions...
Except for the unfiltered pixels, 'lag leading' and the fact that if you're lucky you might get to play (maybe) 1 hour a night (maybe).
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

WarAdvocat wrote:Heh. Good point. You need to suck to play on some servers. I can think of one serverop who kicks anyone who has a better score than he does.
eheheh :lol: ...I have no problem with getting on any servers :lol:
well, I did have an IP ban from SilverGST but that was fixed without delay :wink:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Some server ops are sure ban-happy. <smirk>
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Well, you have to put yourself in their place. How would you feel if you were beating up on all of your friends using sub-20 pings, and a real pilot came in and started smoking you like a cuban cigar? ;)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

:lol: "smokin' ya' like a cuban cigar" :lol:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Except for the unfiltered pixels
D1X
'lag leading'
referred to as 'skill'.
and the fact that if you're lucky you might get to play (maybe) 1 hour a night (maybe).
you're not asking the right people. :)