How many years we got left??

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Honestly, everyone hates the United States and our economy is crumbling. Capitalism has run out, the war machine is running out of gas... We're turning into Nazi Germany in subjegation of the rest of the world, and you know where that went.

Bush might end up in an underground bunker with a cyanide pill and a gunshot just like Big Mr. H.--So how many years till you think that happens? Get me to some COOL country...like...

...um...

Holland, or New Zealand.
Someone get me out of here!!
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

We have a few years left...

And don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out :P
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I don't believe America will last forever. But it's going to be a loooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggg time before anything happens. You and I will be long gone.

You have to remember even if there were a few suitcase nukes going off in U.S. cities our population is knockin' on 300 million.

Oh yea, the United States has many thousand nuclear warheads. It doesn't really matter who hates our government you got the bombs you have a chip at the bargaining table.

So don't get your undies in a bunch.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

The States will be here for a while longer tis true, but only China will decide how long.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'd guess about 10 years. The disgusting amount of fake money Bush and other corporate criminals are ripping out of our pockets is going to be the end of us. 'America' in a sense is already gone. Been gone for 20 years or so.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: How many years we got left??

Post by will_kill »

SilverFJ wrote:Honestly, everyone hates the United States and our economy is crumbling. Capitalism has run out, the war machine is running out of gas... We're turning into Nazi Germany in subjegation of the rest of the world, and you know where that went.Bush might end up in an underground bunker with a cyanide pill and a gunshot just like Big Mr. H.So how many years till you think that happens? Get me to some COOL country...like...um...
Holland, or New Zealand.Someone get me out of here!!
Bush=Hitler??...ecomomy crumbling??...war machine out of gas??...subjugation of the world?? hmmm, and what country were you posting from??? :P

You are right about the fact that our days are numbered though...it will be the final civil war for A(a)merica the G(g)reat. We are too torn apart inside(all facets) to defend against psychological terrorism from outside(which is really in our midst). :(
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

The LAND OF THE FREE and HOME OF THE BRAVE will still be kicking azz for quite a few generations. We're just getting warmed up. :D

FC, you overestimate China. It has far too many social problems to solve and a repressive totalitarian government that can barely keep the lid on the pot. India is much more likely to emerge as the next member of the Superpower Club.
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

willkil, huh?

if anything, the problem is that capitalism is too successful - just not to the average american. in a global economy with a laissez faire approach, big corporations will naturally seek to find the cheapest labor. this means that american jobs are farmed out of the country. CAFTA will make this worse than it already is (for better or worse). the corporations will get richer and richer - average joe poorer and poorer. goodbye middle class.

I don't think that capitalism has "run out". but i think that we're mounting problems with the current system that will necessitate a change in the system. i believe it will not be long before we're paying $5/gallon for gas or more - like maybe in about a year from now. several years from now $10/gallon.

demand for luxury items will drop and their prices with them. the cost of necessities will skyrocket and demand will be great. the good news is that a big screen TV will cost you next to nothing. the bad news is that a ham sandwich will cost you more than a big screen TV. I exaggerate but seriously it could be similar to that.

all of this is sort of slippery-slope, worst case scenario type stuff. but i still recommend you all obtain a vasectomy immediately.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: How many years we got left??

Post by Will Robinson »

SilverFJ wrote:Honestly, everyone hates the United States and our economy is crumbling. Capitalism has run out, the war machine is running out of gas... We're turning into Nazi Germany in subjegation of the rest of the world, and you know where that went.

Bush might end up in an underground bunker with a cyanide pill and a gunshot just like Big Mr. H.--So how many years till you think that happens? Get me to some COOL country...like...

...um...

Holland, or New Zealand.
Someone get me out of here!!
Hey, Ossama, you're slipping bro! You left out the part about Bush ending up impaled on Allahs sword and all of us infidels dying a thousand deaths!

PS: Yo' mama eats pork rinds with her left hand!
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Three.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

...hmmm, the question is USA-centric, but I'll suggest until 2012 then:

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

FJ dude, you are sounding like a nutjob. I'm not saying you are one, I'm just saying you are sounding like one......

And China can suck my a$$........
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Never underestimate the unstoppable power of 300 million well armed and royally pissed off former American citizens. (If gun control doesn't get passed that is.)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Palzon wrote:willkil, huh?

if anything, the problem is that capitalism is too successful - just not to the average american. in a global economy with a laissez faire approach, big corporations will naturally seek to find the cheapest labor. this means that american jobs are farmed out of the country. CAFTA will make this worse than it already is (for better or worse). the corporations will get richer and richer - average joe poorer and poorer. goodbye middle class.
I don't think that capitalism has "run out". but i think that we're mounting problems with the current system that will necessitate a change in the system. i believe it will not be long before we're paying $5/gallon for gas or more - like maybe in about a year from now. several years from now $10/gallon.demand for luxury items will drop and their prices with them. the cost of necessities will skyrocket and demand will be great. the good news is that a big screen TV will cost you next to nothing. the bad news is that a ham sandwich will cost you more than a big screen TV. I exaggerate but seriously it could be similar to that.
all of this is sort of slippery-slope, worst case scenario type stuff. but i still recommend you all obtain a vasectomy immediately.
heh, a vasectomy will only slow the problem....population control is not the problem...too much population 'control' is the problem.

but to answer your post, I never mentioned the sweathog(capatalism)because I, too, realize it has outgrown its 'pen'.

now...wuz that your 'crack with the wet towell'? <ouch!> :P
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Krom wrote:Never underestimate the unstoppable power of 300 million well armed and royally pissed off former American citizens. (If gun control doesn't get passed that is.)
...minus about 299,957,993 "flip floppin, wishy-washy", fish bellied, sheeple. :wink:
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Oh, come on, Silver. We all know that the world will end one way or another, whether it be the all of America or the fall of India first. Every country's had or yet to have its horrid days.
Just take a look around the world. Hurricanes slamming into America, earthquakes in the ocean, tsunami, heat wave in Europe, etc.
I don't know about other countries but I know that America's seeing some weird weather. I mean, look at last winter's snow storm in Texas and Mexico. And blizzard in April somewhere up north. Not to mention a cold August, freezing September and October, and a warm Dec. Jan. and Feb. for the southeast. Hurricanes.
By the way, if you're heading to New Zealand, pick me up on the way. I'm moving out of the country too :P
Anyways, the thing is Bush isn't at fault for many things. Besides, we all knew where we're headed to once terrorism struck on 9/11 and Bush said we'll shut down the terrorist networks.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

.. Hey!.. I was offering a serious suggestion, in reply to the American-centric question. Did you think those links were all crystal-gazingly flaky nonsense ?

This pace we're escalating at, our technological consumer ego driven pace of "development", will last until 2012.. Then some sort of changes will occur in mind, and how we percieve matter, space and ourselves.

Not only affecting the USA, .. but the whole planet..
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

El Ka Bong wrote:.. Hey!.. I was offering a serious suggestion, in reply to the American-centric question. Did you think those links were all crystal-gazingly flaky nonsense ?

This pace we're escalating at, our technological consumer ego driven pace of "development", will last until 2012.. Then some sort of changes will occur in mind, and how we percieve matter, space and ourselves.

Not only affecting the USA, .. but the whole planet..
Da what? What does some calendar created by a long-dead civilization have anything to do with the state of the human psyche? 2012 won't be much different than 2005: FPSes will continue to glut the market, each touting "teh shiniest!!!1!" graphics...Windows "Pink Frilly Name" will be announced...and Dick Clark will continue to look 30 years younger than he is. :P
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Re "how many years left" ..

... I just meant to propose the answer of 7 Years to the original question.

The question sounded rather un-global in it's intent, so to fluffen uup the discourse, I offered links to 2012, whatever you believe in.

But Sure !.. perhaps in 2012, consoles like ps4 and Xbox690 will be so powerful, something may come about, ...that "ends" the state of being were in now...We'll plug into untapped brain powers with new gaming consoles.. ( like something from Brainstorm, the movie..). And the US economy would rule again because of Microsoft... ....?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

We're not moving quite that fast, El Ka :)
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Look at it this way:

If you die tomorrow, then the United States ends tomorrow.... (for you).
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Testiculese wrote:I'd guess about 10 years. The disgusting amount of fake money Bush and other corporate criminals are ripping out of our pockets is going to be the end of us. 'America' in a sense is already gone. Been gone for 20 years or so.
If the money is indeed fake, then why do you care if they take it :wink:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

the money's fake because it's based on a promise. nothing more.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Ferno wrote:the money's fake because it's based on a promise. nothing more.
yep yep....nail on the head there Ferno :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

All money these days is based on a promise of sorts... it's only because people value it that it's worth anything.

Oh, and New Zealand can only take so many people. :)
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Sirius wrote:Oh, and New Zealand can only take so many people. :)
It'll take me though, right? :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Silver.. to your original question. ;)

about 20 years.. then we get slam-danced by a space rock.
Muffalicious
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Muffalicious »

What I don't understand is why you think leave the country will solve anything. What makes you think you are going to agree with any other counrties rules, laws, and whatever if you can't even handle them here? No matter if you have the power or not to make a difference in the world it will still bring you right back here. Complaining.

Thats it :D
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

'cause some other countries have less sheep and cow as people? That's a real good start.
The words America and Arrogance start with the same letter. I've never met a foreigner that act like a lot of the people in this country, and I've met many.

I can't type fast enough for the reasons that go by. Fortunately, most of them live pretty far away, and I'm ok in this corner, for now. :)
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Testiculese wrote:The words America and Arrogance start with the same letter. I've never met a foreigner that act like a lot of the people in this country, and I've met many.
I have been all over the freakin' world several times and they are out there in large numbers....trust me. Their farts stink just as bad as ours do.....
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I resent that. You've never smelled any of my farts.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Heh Flabby.....
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Move to Nigeria and call me.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Stryker wrote:Move to Nigeria and call me.
So when do I get those millions you promised?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, I think I'm up to over $120 million.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Kiran wrote:
Sirius wrote:Oh, and New Zealand can only take so many people. :)
It'll take me though, right? :D
Probably. If you get in soon enough. ;)

The immigration 'Nazis' aren't too worried about people from America, anyway. It's the Asians they whine about...
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Humans are humans, Hoser, I'm not rebutting that. :) But the ratio is far lower than here. Might be a local 'here', as I'm near Phili, and EVERYONE sucks arse over here.

(An American woman goes up to a counter in England and trys to buy something, handing over American money. "We don't accept that here" says the cashier. The American says "But I thought all third-world countries accepted American dollars?")
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Funny I posted this same topic about a year ago and got slammed for being too much of a dooms dayer.
Why are people waking up all of the sudden? Whatever the reason, good and.. it's about time.
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

I'd say much less time then most think...

Just taking something like global warming into account, there have been several findings on global warming that have come out just this month that basically say"we is screwed, and there is nothing we can do about it". The scary thing is these reports give us 50-100 years till humanity faces a mass extinction due to all the trapped greenhouse gasses that used to be frozed underground are released into the atmosphere(estimates put it at more than mankind has released in the last 70 years). I personally dont think we have even that long... as a few reports state, most of what we read gives us the most conservitive estimates.... and some reports state that the earth will warm up much faster than prevous thought. Heck, were seeing changes today in animals migratory patterns/habbits that were not supposd to happen for another 25-50 years.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Teddy wrote:I'd say much less time then most think...

Just taking something like global warming into account, there have been several findings on global warming that have come out just this month that basically say"we is screwed, and there is nothing we can do about it". The scary thing is these reports give us 50-100 years till humanity faces a mass extinction due to all the trapped greenhouse gasses that used to be frozed underground are released into the atmosphere(estimates put it at more than mankind has released in the last 70 years). I personally dont think we have even that long... as a few reports state, most of what we read gives us the most conservitive estimates.... and some reports state that the earth will warm up much faster than prevous thought. Heck, were seeing changes today in animals migratory patterns/habbits that were not supposd to happen for another 25-50 years.
LOL