Battlestar Season 1 Montage

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Battlestar Season 1 Montage

Post by Jon the Great »

Cool Battlestar Galactica montage.

I had alot of fun watching this. Obviously you'll enjoy it more if you've already seen Season 1 but even if you haven't, give it a try it's a good watch. :D
Some spoilers but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Download link: http://montages.section31.us/videos/Bat ... ontage.wmv

Official website: http://montages.section31.us/
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Wow, that was a good watch. I might even start watching BG now. Cool effects too.
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Iceman wrote:Wow, that was a good watch. I might even start watching BG now. Cool effects too.
Dude, you should have been watching it a long time ago. I had doubts about the show when I first heard about it. You know, Starbuck being a girl now and the tendency for Hollywood to screw remakes, etc.. up. But this was VERY well done and written. Good effects, and the drama is just off the hook. Baltar and his dealings with the cylons can be absolutely hilarious at times.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Cool.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Iceman wrote:Wow, that was a good watch. I might even start watching BG now. Cool effects too.
Dude, you should have been watching it a long time ago. I had doubts about the show when I first heard about it. You know, Starbuck being a girl now and the tendency for Hollywood to screw remakes, etc.. up. But this was VERY well done and written. Good effects, and the drama is just off the hook. Baltar and his dealings with the cylons can be absolutely hilarious at times.
Ditto what AT said, you're missing out bro. If the season 1 dvd was cheaper I'd say just go out and grab that but last time I checked it was around 50 or 60. You'll probably just want to wait for season 3 to start.
However, should you feel loose enough with the cash, I can only say good things about this show. :)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

So when does season 3 start?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

That is just AWESOME!

Iceman: Season 2 isn't even done yet. Its just in a hiatus right now, and won't restart until sometime in January. Same goes for SG-1 and Atlantis.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

That's odd, seemed like the season had ended to me. Same amount of episodes as last season + cliffhanger + no new shows for 6 monthes.

You in the UK or something MD?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Jon the Great wrote:That's odd, seemed like the season had ended to me. Same amount of episodes as last season + cliffhanger + no new shows for 6 monthes.

No, thats how Scifi does things.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Jon the Great wrote:That's odd, seemed like the season had ended to me. Same amount of episodes as last season + cliffhanger + no new shows for 6 monthes.

Psst, check my profile. :)

Secondly, this is how Scifi does things. See, they're afraid to compete with the normal seasons of the main networks (NBC, CBS, etc). What they do is air their new content while the main networks are on their hiatus. Now for some odd reason the UK does something similar. However their scheduling is a tad different. They start airing the second half of their season not long after our first half ends. Then its vice versa after their second half ends.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

the bittorrent channel is so much better :D
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

roid wrote:the bittorrent channel is so much better :D
X2
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I dunno, I'm partial to the DVD channel.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I watch that show religiously and already have the Season one and the miniseries DVD's. I have Season two on order... My dad is a Sci-Fi buff so I had no problem buying them. :) I love that show.

Season 3 starts in January.

Bettina

Edit: That montage link was awesome...thanks.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

too bad he misspelled TWELVE
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Bet51987 wrote:Season 3 starts in January.
Wrong Bet. Might want to read my previous post. That was NOT the season finale. That was the mid-season finale. Slight difference. This is still the second season, we're just half-way through.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

So you expect me to believe season 2 mysteriously has twice the episodes of season 1?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

No offense Jon, but they've been doing this for years. They've done it to Farscape ever since it started, and I own almost all the DVDS to Farscape. They've done it to both Stargate series as well. Thats exactly how it works with Scifi. They are afraid to compete with mainstream TV. As someone that has actually watched this channel for several years, I would know how they do things. Ask anyone in the BSG community if you don't believe me.

And FYI, season two of Gargoyles had a whopping 51 episodes if memory serves. The first season only had 13.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Just to put this to rest for good:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ (Flash req)
Season Two Continues
Keep your eyes on SCI FI this coming January as the second season of BSG picksup from the cliffhanger ending of "Pegasus."
Season 3 won't start until next summer. (Was just renewed for a third season a few days ago)
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Jon the Great wrote:So you expect me to believe season 2 mysteriously has twice the episodes of season 1?
My Battlestar folder shows 13 episodes for season 1 and 10 for season 2 so far.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

They're not going to resume the season with only 3 episodes left.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Jon the Great wrote:They're not going to resume the season with only 3 episodes left.
Dude, are you incapable of comprehending basic english? I just gave you a damn link to THE official site stating that they are restarting the season in January. A season doesn't always equal thirteen episodes you nit! Sometimes its 22, or as long as 51 (Gargoyles, season 2). It just depends on how much the network buys. Every season of Stargate SG-1 has been 22 episodes. I know because I own all the first seven seasons on DVD. Judging from the schedule, there will be atleast 20 episodes of the second season of Battlestar Galactica. Not 13.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/episodes/

Look at the ★■◆●ing page! What does it say in the upper-left portion? Season 2 Continues. What did I say in my previous post that you quite obviously skimmed over?

Also, why would they bother releasing the first half of season 2 on DVD this December if they weren't going to continue it? click me
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

I still like the Freespace cut scenes better.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I really, really have to start getting into this series. :)

(Speaking of FreeSpace, any BG fans out there should take a look at the FS2 mod that's being developed. Omniscaper's Galactica model is a real work of art. :D)
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

DarkShadow wrote:My Battlestar folder shows 13 episodes for season 1 and 10 for season 2 so far.
Look MD we all understood you the first time. If that wasn't enough we got it the second time, but you keep repeating it over and over again what is this the 5th time you've said season 2 isn't over?

Calm down kid :oops: :roll: