DBB themes

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

DBB themes

Post by KoolBear »

Merry Christmas!

There's a really nice MOD for the phpbb script that allows users (you) to "choose" from a list of templates (colors and style). These are like a "skin" for those of us that aren't familiar with templates.
One of the main reasons to install this MOD is that it's an overhaul of the template system, and will save a considerable amount of server resources and decrease the response time to the user (you).

I was wondering if any of you artist would like to create a theme or two for the DBB users to select from. There are some "canned" themes that many people might like and I'll make available.

Any I had started playing around with a look last month. Not sure IF I will ever have time to work on it again. The bottom table (black pyro) I never got back in to reduce the visability of the black pyro, but it would have been similar to the upper table.

Now I am not an artist and never pretended to be, I shamelessly plagerize when I can, I do have a standing aagreemet with kuman to use his images as I desire. But the other image I have no clue where I got it from but that wasn't my point :D I wanted to see if I can get a couple of you interested enough to make a template or two for use on the DBB.

Happy Holidays!

KoolBear
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

times like this make me wish i was still into imagery.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Here's another version I have started taking aliking to.

This have borders set to a color dark green or something.

Here's the same with table borders set to "0"

Anyone know who's pyro this is? Was this kuman's pyro?

I am not looking to make a replacement for the current theme, be having several themes for users to select from.

I've never been a fan of light colored back grounds I guess I'm bassackwards
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

I love the no border one. It'll be nice having an "updated" DBB :)
Slowguy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Slowguy »

that's the original, outrage's pyro ;)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

wonderful, then I don't have to worry about contacting anyone for permissions :)

I agree that ot would be nice to have some optional themes to use, of course the Classic_DBB style would be the default.

What excites me the most is the improved template engine that minmizes server loading!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I like all 3 ya have, although the first one as much as I like the background pics Is a bit busy. Of the last two, I like the first color theme the best.

Just my 2 cents. :)

I'd like to see what anyone else has too.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Here's some info you can read about the Extreme Styles MOD, I am sure that the reduced server loading will be a noticable speed gain for users!

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

OK, now you can go to your Profile and about 2/3rds of the way down is a link that will allow you to select a theme.

The one you've seen in developement here is still in developement ;) but I have set it up as DBB_Green, check it out not finished but looking pretty good..

The theme subice is a light colored version of the (standarad phpbb install) and we need graphics for it.

BBTech and of course the default theme is called DescentBB.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

The DDB_Green style is a very nice touch. I'm sticking with that one for now on.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by DarkShadow »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:The DDB_Green style is a very nice touch. I'm sticking with that one for now on.
Me too but in this theme it seems the Big Red yahoo Y is acting as the quote button. I was wondering where the reply with quote button went.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I'll volunteer to create another theme if you like. I've already created two custom themes (see my forums for an example) including images and complete color scheme changes. I also am a fan of the dark colored themes--if you're going to spend a long time reading a particularly interesting post, you want to be able to reply to that post without worrying about a migrane.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Wierd, not sure how actual files could get changed, I think I have fix the yim and quote filename also the delete button was replaced with a rank image.

Stryker, you are more than welcome to create a theme. I was hoping that people might do that :) Let me know and I can export a template if you like.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Sure--if you could export it and send it to my e-mail address that would make things a bit easier on me. :)