Laptop Screen

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Laptop Screen

Post by DarkShadow »

I have my brother in laws laptop here it is a HP zt1130. He said the screen is really dark so I plugged it in and booted it up and for second I saw the safemode selection screen. I hit enter then I could not see anything. I tried it in a well lit and pitch black area and found when I shine a flashlight on it I can see the desktop icons and everything. So my guess is the backlight is dead. Any other ideas on what to try on it.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Can you connect it to another monitor and check to see if it's not the video card thats dead
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Thats what I will do in a few minutes since the only monitor I have is the one I am on now.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Someone went through this a couple months back. It's the backlight that went out. They wound up replacing it.

G/L. :)

HERE ya Go
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, if shining a really bright flashlight on the screen lets you see the text, it means the backlight burned out, everything else is fine, video card and all.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

It seem if I leave it off for a while and turn it back on the screen is fine but if I reboot or close the top, putting it into standby, it goes black till I let it sit for awhile again. I was thinking maybe heat but I have had it on for the last 4 hours and it didn't go black yet.