WTF???: \"Teoctist, prepare for Descent.\"

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

WTF???: \"Teoctist, prepare for Descent.\"

Post by WillyP »

So, (link removed)this blog(link removed) links to my site, Prepare For Descent! Curious, I use google and find some translation web site to try to translate the page, with rather limited success. I believe the language is Romanian, and that Teoctist was, or is, a religous figure. Any clues?

EDIT: I have removed the link to Jubjub, as the google entry for the site includes a warning that the site may install malicious software. I am running a scan of my machine now, I'll let you know what I found. Sorry!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

the bird on the top looks like it's from a game, probably WoW, and the pic looks pretty lame.
Which would indicate that this is probably some kid's website, and the religious figure you're talking about is probably her handle or a character from a game.

we all know how games try to be all serious business with their religious plots, and also kids love to think they're serious business. How many ppl do you think exist with handles/nicks referring to demon or angel names? tons
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I didn't find any decent translations of the text ... so I have no idea what was being said... but I did find this:

http://middcoa.blogspot.com/2007/08/can ... he-is.html

Patriarch Teoctist of Romania
Died: July 30, 2007
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

True, but then there is this. (Patric Ionescu is from the footer of jubjub as copyright)

edit: the Google searchis warning about jubjub: \"This site may harm your computer.\" So I removed the link in my first post.

edit: scan returned negative.