Meet my Pyro gallery of lost pics since 1996

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Meet my Pyro gallery of lost pics since 1996

Post by Gold Leader »

HI all well the title says it :) It's acollection of 3D renders from lost 3D artisits, like the ones from Darkbishop, they are my favourites as the ones from Kuman, so here it is :)

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/3dfx_colle ... i/Descent/

my favourites are these 3 :)

Pyro-GX with 8 Concussion Missiles & Dual Plasma Cannons

Pyro-GX with 8 Homing Missiles & Dual Fusion Cannons:

Dual Fusions in action:

That artist had the nicest Pyro-GX 3D renders I have seen yet, only I can't seem to find more of his work, maybe some you people may know?

I even have went to the website which is given on those pics as looked for Daniel Leontiev via Google though hard to trace heh.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

It'd take some time to model that in Bryce - if only the textures weren't so gaudy.

I don't recognise that name. A callsign might have made things earlier - though honestly the only artist I know of who made Descent models using Bryce was Kuman, and that's not him. Midgard did some work using Bryce as well but that's definitely not his work.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

DarkHorse wrote:It'd take some time to model that in Bryce - if only the textures weren't so gaudy.

I don't recognise that name. A callsign might have made things earlier - though honestly the only artist I know of who made Descent models using Bryce was Kuman, and that's not him. Midgard did some work using Bryce as well but that's definitely not his work.
Daniel Leontiev's nickname is Darkbishop, though that is the hardpart, about 10 years ago I had a HDD crash and I was too late for backing up about 148 pyroGX pics :( though i did find a CD with all the pics which I have in my gallery so that was asaviour afterall.
jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by jshaner »

the textures appear to be pretty simple, they just look shaded.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

jshaner wrote:the textures appear to be pretty simple, they just look shaded.
hmm I dunno I never made a 3D render well yeah that painted Pyro-GX case mod I did 9 years ago hehe!

even so they look very cool imho :)
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

They're procedural textures. Far too bright and shiny, but back in that period of time all the Descent artists were into the bling.
Cyclone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cyclone »

Thanks for posting the pyro gallery. lots of nostalgic stuff in there!

btw I noticed non of Warlock's renders are in there. He did some cool stuff. He took kuman's modles and made some neat renders with them.
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

Thanks for showing us that gallery. Some very interesting artwork and ideas there. I liked the ones with the pyros fighting the mystical creatures and dragons. I found those quite odd at first, but now just quite funny! :P
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

hehe thanx for the the kind replies people :) though the sad thing is 9 years ago I lost 120 others, which still hurts.

them Pyro-GX'es from Darkbishop are still big favours they remind me of P.I.M.P. my Pyro-GX 8) :P 8)

Are there any other Pyro galleries around today? If so I'd adoroe to see them!
jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by jshaner »

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

These models look like the ones from your pics. They are also done in Bryce. (correct me if i am wrong)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

jshaner wrote:http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

These models look like the ones from your pics. They are also done in Bryce. (correct me if i am wrong)
hey thanx for that link jsaner :) I have added them to my pyro pics map right away hehe, they are nice, I like the Phoenix very much btw :)
jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by jshaner »

np, i thought they looked cool
DarkBishop
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Nice history of descent that is!

Post by DarkBishop »

Nice to see my pictures up - after so long. Here are some other images from the same set that I have made around the same time.

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Nice history of descent that is!

Post by Gold Leader »

DarkBishop wrote:Nice to see my pictures up - after so long. Here are some other images from the same set that I have made around the same time.

MY thanx is very great Daniel ;)

Great to see you still around man, your work really impressed me alot and I did have all of your pics but since a long time ago I had a HDD crash and before that I did back a few , well they are the ones I just posted.

If you are planned to make more Descent based 3D arts please do, you really have a special feel to it.

The Magnum AHT is my favourite Descent 3 ship, I dunno if you ever gave that one a shot?

Anyways My thanx to your art is great again ;)

May The Force Be With You Pilot.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

DarkBishop, did you ever release your Phoenix model? Or did you only have it for making kewl renders with?
DarkBishop
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by DarkBishop »

No I did not really release any ship models. I just remodeled all D1 and D2 models of the weapons in AutoCAD back in 1998 and made 4 models of the custom fusion, vulcan, plasma and slaser (the custom weapons that appear on the pictures). Also made animations of the weapons and some other staff. But have stopped much of that about year 2000, as the descent was dead - thanks to D3 release. At that time I was into D1 and D2 on line gaming which has also died around 1999 or so. So I've stopped working on Descent models.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Original Pyro Model is from Justin Krenz

Jake - descent3 pics are from visual array and a different artist( http://visualarray.com/ )

Kruel/Endimon i think it was [edit]

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

BUBBALOU wrote:Original Pyro Model is from Justin Krenz

Jake - descent3 pics are from visual array and a different artsist( http://visualarray.com/ )
Endimon i think it was
Hmm that site seems to be down Bubbalou :|
DarkBishop
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by DarkBishop »

Here is a couple more pics from same time, and some weapon models I've designed for the pics.

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Hmm that site seems to be down Bubbalou :|
was not down when i posted - you broke it!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

BUBBALOU wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Hmm that site seems to be down Bubbalou :|
was not down when i posted - you broke it!
Well it's working now, anyways maybe the site was having troubles that day not all seems to be fine, sh*t happens ;)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Kruel
www.nherres.com
www.visualarray.com

D3 levels
kata 1.2
kata 2
koors
kinetica

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Although I'll admit that the visualarray.com link works, it dumps me to a web page alright, it has a link to an email address, and a picture, that's it, and the nherres.com doesn't work at all. I'd love to see them, but it seems that fate is conspiring against it.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

d3jake wrote:I'd love to see them, but it seems that fate is conspiring against it.
I'll HOLD your hand again
......... stop looking at me with those eyes