20 million

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

20 million

Post by Gooberman »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... aign-debt/

This really bothers me, I need to beat this horse one more time. Hillary's own decisions cause her to go twenty million in debt and hurts her own party, and she is then asking the American citizens to bail her out. :?

Thank god she doesn't have a chance at controling America's budgit!

Her net worth is around $100 million, how about she helps me with my student loans!
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

That man has no shame!

some idiot in the comments wrote:The American people shouldn't have to shoulder the burden of Sen. Clinton being stubborn and staying in the race long after she could afford to. I will donate but I really wish politicians, the world for that matter, would stopping looking at Americans as if we're a wallet,...
What a fool. It's scary people out there are like this. Burned once, now she willingly is going to get burned again, all the time wondering why politicians think we're walking wallets? She needs a slap with the WTF-stick...

edit: holy hell, what is wrong with people?!
a complete idiot wrote:I don't like this woman, but I will give her some money just for party unity. So take this $200 and go far far away!!!
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

lol :P
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

more idiocracy!
My ballz wrote:obama had better figure out a way to pay it. I gave money to Hillary twice and will give no more as long as you help obama.
Anti-brain wrote:I will help her retire her debt… but not as long as she is backing and campaigning for Obama.
What the hell, seriously wrote:When Hillary's debt is cleared, I will start donating to Barach Obama.
Doo doo diddily doofus wrote:I will be definitely sending some money. She made a huge point in this presidential trial and although she pulled out, she is still deep in many of our hearts. OBAMA/CLINTON '08
Texas has democrats that a suprize wrote:Come on ALL Democrats…we are now in this together ! If Hillary and her supporters are willing to help us ( Obama supporters ) get Obama elected, we should help her too. LET'S UNITE.
THE BEST PERSON TO EVER EXIST, THIS IS WHY I HATE PEOPLE WHO DONATE TO CAMPAIGNS:
The awesome-guy wrote:Hmmm…. pay off a campaign debt (a personal choice from the start) by appealing to the public or help those in need in this country (not a personal choice by our country's needy). I opt for the latter. Too bad few else do.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

It's a shame people don't send money to the people who really deserve it.

Actually, whenever the press talks about campaign contributions, I'm just astounded that some people would actually cut a $200 check to someone like Obama or McCain. They don't need your money. Save it for a rainy day instead of tossing it into the abyss.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Sen. Barack Obama has asked top contributors to help his former rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Sen. Hillary Clinton, retire her debt, an Obama campaign source said Tuesday.
Come on Obama, don't let personal acountability be a republican thing....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... with-debt/
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Again & again, foot in mouth, Obama would be better off if he and his campaign just shut the hell up until election day.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Gooberman wrote:Come on Obama, don't let personal acountability be a republican thing..../
No kidding! He has a golden opportunity to step up and exhibit the change he so often talks about and he is letting it slip away. Pity.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Bob Barr 08

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobBarr2008

/Shameless plug.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm...why doesn't Hillarys husband help pay her debt?
On wait...why use your own wealth when you can find some schlepp to pay it off for you. Like the PT Barnum saying goes, \"There's a sucker born every minute.\"
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

woodchip wrote:Ummm...why doesn't Hillarys husband help pay her debt?
On wait...why use your own wealth when you can find some schlepps to pay it off for you. Like the PT Barnum saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute."
Fixed
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Can I donate to Daktatsu so he can make more of those nifty names for quotes?

Sometimes I wish I had an extra $200 period.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Hillary's husband cannot pay off her campaign loans for her ... it's against current campaign finance laws ... same goes for her just writing off the money as a \"loss\" (it was her own money that she loaned to her campaign) ... because she is required to pay off the \"loans\" ... or else (don't know what the \"or else\" would be).

Also, she can't take a lump of her own money to pay off her own loan ... because that would be a campaign donation and it would be much bigger than what she is allowed (by law) to donate to her campaign ... therefore the money has to come from somewhere else.

To sum up ... she is allowed to loan to her campaign in large amounts ... but it has to get paid off somehow ... and she only has a limited time to get it paid off ... and cannot make that large of a \"donation\" by law ...

Sucks to be her (publicly) at present ... because of her own self-serving choices that now have to be burdened by others, or else she has to deal with public debt humiliation ... while she has millions of her own money on hand. :twisted:

I think this shows why she wasn't a good choice for President (or VP for that matter) IMHO.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Anyone know how common this is? Have past candidates' campaigns been in debt when they chut down? I'm curious.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

TechPro wrote:Hillary's husband cannot pay off her campaign loans for her ... it's against current campaign finance laws ... same goes for her just writing off the money as a "loss" (it was her own money that she loaned to her campaign) ... because she is required to pay off the "loans" ... or else (don't know what the "or else" would be)....
I vote for or else!
Like the rest of us, if we run up a bunch of charges and then don't pay them we go to jail...