Joe Biden

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Joe Biden

Post by Dakatsu »

So, we have a Sarah Palin thread, where all the republicans are praising her, so lets talk about Joe Biden!

I like his uh..... he is better than Hillary because..... he bests Caroline Kennedy in... wait... no..... he has a great... he is so... hmmm....

Anyone else think, of all the people Obama could of chose, Biden was a pretty dull one?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

moderator note: one inappropriate post has been removed. Remember, flaming and name-calling are only allowed in NHB.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Biden was chosen to be a good advisor to Obama and be able to take over the presidency if something were to happen to him -- and as the first Black president, the odds of him being shot are much higher then previous presidents. He was not chosen to win the election.

Pallin was chosen to win the election. Three dots in a triangle: she better be interesting. The shiny object party hit one out of the park with her. And if McCain wins, I will pray every night for his good health. That is no joke....
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Obama was forced to pick Biden by the people who pull his strings from the background.

And Gooberperson, I think I will start calling the Dems. The Peoples Pandering Party. :P
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gooberman wrote:Biden was chosen to be a good advisor to Obama and be able to take over the presidency if something were to happen to him -- and as the first Black president, the odds of him being shot are much higher then previous presidents.....
That reminds me of the joke that Dave Chappelle told, that if he was running for President he would pick a Mexican for his VP as insurance against assassination.
I have to admit I'd never shoot Obama but now that Biden is his #2 I really, really, won't shoot him!!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

thats probably exactly why he didnt chose Hillary. she wants to be Pres so bad she'd probably off him herself :D

on a side Note Biden has come out and said Hillary would be a better VP than him. watch for Biden to step down and Hillry to be nominated, as Palin and the GOP are kicking the hell out of the Dem's right now :shock:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Biden was an overly safe pick, the kind of thing you'd expect from a pragmatist. He's not exciting. He was picked from the standpoint of fleshing out the candidate's resume, which is all well and good if you become President. But it neglects the most important part - you have to first become President.

Myself, I believe Obama should have picked Clinton. This isn't a new line of thinking; I thought this even before Biden's pick. In fact, when the Obama campaign had announced that they didn't even vet Clinton for the position, I couldn't help but feel that was reckless and illogical. There's no doubt in my mind that feverish support would follow an Obama-Clinton ticket. Dare I say, he would have \"closed the deal\" as some analysts would say.

If Obama gets to November and fails, I suspect we will look back to this decision and find one of the biggest reasons.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Seriously... Biden was the wrong pick. I don't know what Obama's team told him about Biden, but as evidenced by Biden's recent statement, it was a bad move.

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

September 10, 2008 5:17 PM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe reports: Sen. Barack Obama's, D-Ill., vice presidential nominee, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., Wednesday said that Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., might have been a better pick for the position than him.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar ... ary-a.html

Even IF he felt he wasn't the right person for the job, you shouldn't go blabbing to the media or mentioning it off the cuff as some kind of paid compliment to a former competitor. It calls Biden's judgment into question- and worse still- Obama's. Maybe he was trying to be self-effacing, but it wasn't the right way to do it.

Obama must have mouthed \"W...T...F...\" when he heard the news clip. Watch the video.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Yes, let's throw 35 years of experience out the window and question his judgment over one failed attempt at self-deprecation and modesty!

Yer funny. :P
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I think Biden said it for two reasons. He realizes how the Palin pick is killing Obama with independents and Women...and he was sucking up to the woman who will run against McCain in 4 years if things don't turn around real quick!

It shows me just how unprepared his team is to deal with adversity, it's a bit of panic reaction, Obama was a rock star when only democrats were doing the voting, apparently their hubris sucked them into planning for inauguration instead of debate...

Biden thought he was Ringo being invited to join the Beatles, instead he's finding out how Pete Best felt.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

And after seeing Sarah's interview tonight, I think shes pretty soon gonna start feeling like Yoko Ono.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gooberman wrote:And after seeing Sarah's interview tonight, I think shes pretty soon gonna start feeling like Yoko Ono.
I haven't seen it. Did she do something stupid?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/11/ ... /biden.php
Earlier in the week, in Columbia, Missouri, Biden urged a paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized.

\"Chuck, stand up, let the people see you,\" Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Graham uses a wheelchair. \"Oh, God love ya,\" Biden said. \"What am I talking about?\"
Biden almost seems like a real-life \"Chevy Chase\" character. I can almost imagine \"Fletch\" or \"Mr. Grizwald\" uttering these unfortunate words in almost comical, if not sad, situations. :)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Here Will. Not sure if it will get pulled from copyright.

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gooberman wrote:Here Will. Not sure if it will get pulled from copyright.

ha ha...barely... but that kind of ridicule is going to cause a lot of people to vote for her....
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I thought it to be very funny.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I think Gibson need to get contacts. I wonder if he deliberately perched his reading glasses so he looked like some grave mortician looking down on his next corpse.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Will Robenson wrote:ha ha...barely... but that kind of ridicule is going to cause a lot of people to vote for her....
Ya, I'm sort of resigning myself to this fact. How do you beat the first possible black president? Pick someone straight out of Mayberry, I'd bet money that that was Karl Rove's advice.

It's a shame she didn't run in 2000 though, because I think Don Knotts would of made an excellent secretary of defense.

(You can get the real interview just by searching for "Sarah Palin first interview" in youtube. I originally had them in my post, but when I saw that last night I couldn't help myself :P )

Edit: Now I can't get that damn whistling song out of my head. :( Sigh.....
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’ll take that bet, and say that she was prolly McCain’s pick.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Spidey wrote:I’ll take that bet, and say that she was prolly McCain’s pick.
Yea, something tells me that Rove and McCain don't talk much.

I've seen parts of the interview now and read what the Obama camp hopes people will think of her answers and I don't think it is going to stick. She did better than they think.
Charlie Gibson kind of showed his hand with the 'Doctrine' question and the 'Gods will' question and when the whole thing gets fleshed out he's going to have some egg on his face....probably gave McCain another 2 or 3 points in the polls among the women and independents too!