Get out and vote Slackers!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Get out and vote Slackers!

Post by Canuck »

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Scares me and I'm fearless. ;)
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Scares me and I'm fearless. ;)
Grab the belt, honey! I'm gonna pull down his pants and whoop him for voting against us! Damn rebel young adult! He's too naive and idealist to know enough to vote for the right candidate! No sane individual would vote for a black man with the middle name Hussein, who sides with terrorists to destroy our country!

Well, at least we'll go with a bang rather than a slow death under McPenguin!
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Try not to be such a dork. ;)

There are plenty of solid reasons why Obama should not be our next president, no matter how favorably the campaign tries to spin him. The second amendment is a huge one: liberals are always trying to say that Republicans are heading us toward fascism, but of the two the Democrats have been the only ones that have shown an abiding interest in taking away our right to keep and bear arms. Barack Obama actually has a plan for essentially getting rid of firearms in America! Taxes and the naive ideal of \"fairness\"--wealth redistribution: large, monetarily fat companies call for careful government regulation, not increased taxation (which effects everyone down below). Naivety in foreign policy: maybe you should watch the debate again where McCain and Obama went at it regarding meeting with the leaders of enemy nations without preconditions. You might miss it if you just really like what Obama is saying, but he couldn't even begin to understand McCain's main-line position on that important aspect of foreign policy, and it showed in the way he miss-characterized it and misrepresented it in attempts to argue against it. It showed him for the naive idealist he is. Even Hillary Clinton could see the matter clearly! (ignore John Edwards: if the world doesn't know that America is about diversity, then frankly it's blind, deaf, and stupid).