Retail PNY GeForce FX-5200 PCI at Staples til 10/25/08

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Retail PNY GeForce FX-5200 PCI at Staples til 10/25/08

Post by akula65 »

Staples has a PNY GeForce FX-5200 256 MB DDR PCI graphics card (PNY Model No. VCGFX522PPB) for $29.99 until 10/25/08:

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/ ... TRAIL+EZRO

I use the AGP 8X version of this card in my day-to-day machine, so it was nice to pick up a couple of spares at a half-way decent price. No fan on the chipset, just a heatsink.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Don't expect to play many games with that card.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

True, but it might be perfect for those near-broke college students trying to find a decent card for their older AGP system.

Thanks for the \"heads-up\", Akula!
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Yeah Foil, I use the AGP variant as a replacement for the onboard Intel 2D-only graphics chipset in an old Pentium 3 system I built a few years ago. DVD movie playback is smooth for a change, 2D colors are noticeably better, and it is nice to be able to play older 3D games every once in a while.

Judging from user reviews at various retail sites, some folks apparently buy the PCI variant to add additional monitors to workstation systems where the PCI-e slot is already in use. So you're right Merlin, it is a niche product these days, but it does have its uses.

Also, the shipping was free on my order and all I had to pay was state sales tax. I'm not sure if there is some minimum purchase amount for the free shipping.

EDIT: Shipping is free on orders of $50.00 or more according to the email ad I received.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I have this card, dualhead. It's perfect for devboxes, servers, Mom...
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

Foil wrote:True, but it might be perfect for those near-broke college students trying to find a decent card for their older AGP system.

Thanks for the "heads-up", Akula!

you know, finding this card for a older AGP system might proove unworthy as since the card is PCI !! :P

just thought id point that out

another thing, why does it say its a PCI card, and in the specs it says it supports AGP 8X?
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

The specs are wrong. Since the specs for the AGP and PCI versions are identical except for the interface bus type, it isn't surprising that somebody copied information from the wrong version.
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

Ack, it's not free after rebate?
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Final price is $29.99 per card after the instant rebate here in N.C. Since this is an online thing I don't imagine it would be different elsewhere.