New Year, more animals

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

New Year, more animals

Post by Kiran »

DK has waiting a long time for a great opportunity to purchase a full blooded German Shepherd with papers. We found that opportunity through a friend whose brother is selling a 6 month old German Shepherd, female, with papers. He originally bought it from a breeder but realized he doesn't have time for her, so for quick sale, we bought her for $100. Here's Abbey:

We gave the cats some time to adjust to the dog by keeping Abbey in the garage overnight and then switching beds so they can sniff each other's scent before introducing them to each other. It's really too bad we didn't try to capture the introduction on video. While Kendra ran and hid behind the couch, Suki stayed in my lap until Abbey came over to sniff her.

Suki completely freaked out.

She jumped from my lap to the couch and then jumped toward the wall. She smacked into the wall, limbs outstretched as if she's frantically climbing up and fell onto the end table and disappeared.

I couldn't stop laughing for awhile. :lol:
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

hah!

Nice looking dog.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Give the cat a while; in my experience, it takes a while for them to accept new people or animals.

It doesn't even have to be a large animal; both my full-grown cats freaked out like your Suki when we temporarily took my brother-in-law's kitten. :) It was hilarious to see our cats running away from this tiny kitten who just wanted to play.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You blew it Kiran. You should have taken a video of the cat/dog introduction. I sounds like it was a riot to behold. :D
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Sweet deal Kir! She looks like a great dog and will be a loyal friend.