First of all, we from the DXX-Rebirth team wish all of you a merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
As a special gift we finally have v0.55 ready.
The most important changes are:
* Reworked Physics acting on fixed values to ensure similar collisions on various FPS-settings including more accurate Collision detections for non-Player objects as well.
* Introducing fixed Timesteps to compensate FPS-dependent game element executions.
* Improved several AI functions and removed Hacks to make bot moving a lot smoother and less error prone (fixing bot clusters for example).
* Improved dynamic lighting - smoother and more accurate.
* Seperated Sensitivity for horizontal and vertical movements.
* Removed some error checks in demo code so it better deals with mutated demos (like certain speedruns).
* Fixed bugs in IPX sockets and UDP Handshaking.
* Support for up to 8 Joysticks at the same time.
* Pre-defined Resolutions now also select correct aspect ratio automatically.
* Fonts will now also size in all resolutions instead of only scaling by 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. To make them look nicer in such cases, they will also use smooth if Texture Filtering is enabled.
* All HUD elements and fonts will now always keep their proportions in Widescreen resolutions (except the Cockpit itself for sure).
* Fixed the UNICODE text reading.
* Improved OpenGL Sprite rendering for clipping.
* Cleaned up Help screens and added them to Controls menu as well.
* Added Multi Message-command to blow up the reactor.
* More bug fixes and code improvements.
Additionally with this release I would like to present you Cubes Unlimited.
It is an area where I will present awesome levels or levelsets. It's not intended to be a complete database but more a collection of outstanding work of the Descent community.
If you have made an awesome level or levelset, contact me!
My first entry is \"The Enemy Within\" - a great Descent 2 levelset by the Team around DarkFlameWolf with more levels than the original D2: CounterStrike, new bots, new textures, new music, inspired and well thought level design and much more.
Check it out!
for Downloads and more!