Global Currency: Mark of the Beast?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Global Currency: Mark of the Beast?

Post by AlphaDoG »

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Talk amongst yourselves.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'll take a stab at what I think the topic is.

I can't imagine a faster and more complete way to surrender our freedom and prosperity to the enemy than to adopt a global currency and thus become wholly dependent on the body they pick to manage said currency.

Maybe if we all just put our pistols in our mouths and pulled the trigger it would be faster....maybe.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Cell phones are the MotB.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Globalization is inevitable. Either it will slowly progress towards it, or a catastrophic event will vault us into it.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

It already exists in the form of credit cards.

I swipe my VISA in mexico, they do the conversion for me and withdrawl the equivalent in U.S. dollers from my account.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

couple of days ago, Obama said a global currency isn't needed and he doesn't support the idea.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well as Gooberman just pointed out, it already exists. And contrary to popular belief, Obama has no control over it one way or the other. The government has no control over the money, it's up to the Federal Reserve as to what type of money they wish to print and circulate.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

flip wrote:....The government has no control over the money, it's up to the Federal Reserve as to what type of money they wish to print and circulate.
Yet the government just decided to print enough to hand out trillions to the bailout recipients...so they do control it in that sense, or at least they can devalue it overnight if they choose to.

Do we want Ayatollah Habibsyourdaddy and Chairman ChicketyChina the Communist chicken having that kind of input on the currency we have to trade against our own ledger?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

China called for a new currency just the other day, preceding that goofy G20 thingy. They hold something like 1.3 trillion in us debt.

Some say they were just making a point…

It works something like this…

The Federal Reserve Bank/s decides how much currency is in circulation.
The Treasury dept actually prints the currency.
The Fed then loans the money to the government, in the case of the current Bailouts & Stimulus.

You can find out how the system works on The News Hour website. (at least you could a few weeks ago)

I’m not sure you would want control of the currency taken out of the private sector?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

The government DOES have the power. The Federal reserve is a privately owned government regulated Bank. It's been that way since about 1926. (iirc)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

The Federal Reserve is made up of 12 privately owned banks that loan the US Government money at interest. The Government does have regulatory power in the matter but I doubt very seriously they will bite the hand that feeds them ;) As spidey points out also, somewhere along the way, even with this government regulation, they saw fit to make us debtors to China, a foreign and hostile government. So, whether its government regulated or not, they sure all seem to be working together to sell us to the highest bidder. Is the fact that there is regulation from the government changing the fact that we will always be indebted to them? What happens when we can't pay back the debt?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

We could always give them California… :wink:
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

LOL.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Re:

Post by SilverFJ »

Spidey wrote:We could always give them California… :wink:
Of we did that then they'd come HERE, and I don't agree with one Californian in my state.
Go home.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

\"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class.\" -- Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

\"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce.\" -- James A. Garfield, President of the United States

\"Banks lend by creating credit. (ledger-entry credit, monetized debt) They create the means of payment out of nothing.\" -- Ralph M. Hawtrey, Secretary of the British Treasury

\"Every Congressman, every Senator knows precisely what causes inflation...but can't, [won't] support the drastic reforms to stop it [repeal of the Federal Reserve Act] because it could cost him his job.\" -- Robert A. Heinlein, Expanded Universe

\"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.\" -- Henry Ford

\"The Federal Reserve banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen. There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this nation is run by the International bankers.\" -- Congressman Louis T. McFadden (Rep. Pa)

\"...the increase in the assets of the Federal Reserve banks from 143 million dollars in 1913 to 45 billion dollars in 1949 went directly to the private stockholders of the [federal reserve] banks.\" -- Eustace Mullins

\"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world-- no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men.\" -- President Woodrow Wilson

\"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon.\" -- Robert H. Hamphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank

\"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill.\" -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

\"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created.\" -- Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh Sr. , 1913

\"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board administers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money\" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

\"When you or I write a check there must be sufficient funds in our account to cover the check, but when the Federal Reserve writes a check there is no bank deposit on which that check is drawn. When the Federal Reserve writes a check, it is creating money.\" -- Putting it simply, Boston Federal Reserve Bank

\"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and unforgivable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected.\" -- John Danforth (R-Mo)

\"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs.\" -- Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President.

\"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance.\" -- James Madison
This says it better than I can.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Fine, what do you suggest, the gold standard didn’t work?

I would rather have the system in the hands of some greedy private banks, than in the hands of the greedy government.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Greedy bankers you can throw in Jail,
Greedy Government will throw you in Jail.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

AlphaDoG wrote:And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Gooberman wrote:It already exists in the form of credit cards.
10/16/1994 wrote:Q: (L) On the subject of the 666, I was given an insight into this several years ago as to another meaning of it, is that interpretation also correct?
A: Maybe. VI is 6 in Roman Numerals. S was 6 in ancient Egypt. A was 6 in Sanskrit. VISA, see, is 666. Interesting that to travel for extended periods one needs a "visa" also, yes?

Q: (L) The other parts of chapter 13... Verse one says, "I stood on the sandy beach I saw a beast coming up out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads. On his horns he had ten royal crowns and blasphemous titles on his heads..." What does this verse mean?
A: Many meanings. Monetary control. 10 represents universal control of whole units of value.
Q: (L) So, the ten horns represent units of value, so we are talking about money here. What are the blasphemous titles on his heads?
A: In God we trust.
Q: (L) "And the beast that I saw resembled a leopard..."
A: New World Order.

Q: (L) "Compels all alike, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be marked with an inscription on their right hand or on their foreheads...." What is this inscription?
A: Visa ID number.
Q: (L) Is this going to be actually physically put on our bodies?
A: Encoded.
Q: (L) How? Is that what the aliens do when they abduct people?
A: No.
Q: (L) How is it going to be done?
A: Stamped.
Q: (L) By what technical means?
A: Electronic encoding. A series of numbers.
Q: (L) Are they going to put these on our skins or imbed them in the skin on our heads or hand...?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Does that mean that you will have to place your hand on an electronic scanner in order to conduct any type of monetary transaction?
A: Precisely.
Q: (L) Okay, it says: "Here is room for discernment, a call for the wisdom of interpretation, let him who has intelligence, penetration, insight enough calculate the number of the Beast, for it is a human number, the number of a certain man, his number is 666. What does this mean?
A: Visa as explained previously. Everyone will get their own number and it will be a Visa number, the number of the Beast.

Q: (L) What is the meaning of the number 666 in the book of Revelation?
A: Visa.
Q: (L) You mean as in credit card?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents?
A: Yes?
Q: (L) Should we get rid of all credit cards?
A: Up to you.
Q: (L) Would it be more to our advantage than not to disconnect ourselves from the credit system?
A: Isn't just credit also debit.
Q: (L) Is that an affirmative.
A: How are you going to do this?
Q: (L) Well, do you have any suggestions?
A: World will soon have nothing but credit and debit have you not heard of this new visa debit cards this is the future of money as controlled by the world banking system i.e. the brotherhood i.e. Lizards i.e. antichrist.
Q: (L) If I don't have a credit card then I don't have to belong to this system?
A: No. You will have no choices: belong or starve.
Q: (L) What happened to free will?
A: Brotherhood AKA Lizards AKA antichrist has interfered with free will for 309000 years. They are getting desperate as we near the change.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Spidey wrote:Fine, what do you suggest, the gold standard didn’t work?

I would rather have the system in the hands of some greedy private banks, than in the hands of the greedy government.
The gold standard worked fine. Nixon didn't want to be "encumbered" by it...

Oh, thanks Flip for the correction. :)

EDIT: info on the Gold standard .. i was partially right.
If you would like to learn about the history of money in detail, there is an excellent site called A Comparative Chronology of Money which details the important places and dates in monetary history. During most of the 1800s the United States was had a bimetallic system of money, however it was essentially on a gold standard as very little silver was traded. A true gold standard came to fruition in 1900 with the passage of the Gold Standard Act. The gold standard effectively came to an end in 1933 when President Franklin D. Roosevelt outlawed private gold ownership (except for the purposes of jewelery). The Bretton Woods System, enacted in 1946 created a system of fixed exchange rates that allowed governments to sell their gold to the United States treasury at the price of $35/ounce. "The Bretton Woods system ended on August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon ended trading of gold at the fixed price of $35/ounce. At that point for the first time in history, formal links between the major world currencies and real commodities were severed". The gold standard has not been used in any major economy since that time.
Found at http://economics.about.com/cs/money/a/gold_standard.htm

just a quick Goggle
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sure, blame Nixon. :wink:

The Gold Standard works well in principal, the problem was, there was not enuf gold available to cover the currency needed, and the economy was stifled as a result.

I got this from a program that just aired on PBS, about this very issue.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Greedy bankers you can throw in Jail,
Greedy Government will throw you in Jail.
Hah go to jail, as evidenced by the most recent economic disaster they've created, they don't even get charged. At least government officials are elected and have limited terms. They are supposedly held accountable to the people. Bankers are only accountable to their investors, and its very possible that the King Of Iran is one of them.

My only point in these discussions is to point out how hopeless it's all become.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Spidey wrote:Sure, blame Nixon. :wink:

The Gold Standard works well in principal, the problem was, there was not enuf gold available to cover the currency needed, and the economy was stifled as a result.

I got this from a program that just aired on PBS, about this very issue.
yah, yah yeah ..... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wonder if i can find that on the net..
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

the Global currency is comming, its been planed for quite a while now... the global economic crisis is just the \"emergency\" needed to push it into being.

and of course Obama is \"against\" this global currency just like the private banks were \"against\" the formation of the federal reserve back in 1913.....

as for the mark of the beast, of course something will happen that will enable people who dont go along to be cut off finicially... but i do have a question that i hope will cause some here who actually believe in God to think...

do you really think God will throw people in hell for accepting a global currency? or how about being chiped by those RFID chips? Is this really what people think about God? Are these really offences that warrent Hellfire? really... we need to use some common sence here.

Personally i dont think eather are smart to accept. Who wants thier every move watched by being chipped(but your cell phone already the same thing) and a global currency will do nothing more then break down the soverinty of our country even more...

As for the what the Mark of the Beast is... first you need to see what God's mark is before you can see what what satan's mark is...

I recomend reading Deut. 6!! Pay very close attention... Moses explains from the beginning Just what it is God wants written in your hand and forhead... personally i suggest reading the whole chapter but in verse 8 it says....

deut:6- 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

There you have it, The 10 commandments are Gods mark on us.... This is why for the christians who think they will get into heaven by practicing lawlessness Jesus says to them that he never new them....

If you read the whole chapter in revelation you will see that the mark of the beast is a counterfit law the beast sets up, In Daniel He outlines that this power Thinks to change Gods times and laws....

come on people... put 2 and 2 together, God doesnt make things very complicated expecially when it comes to you enjoying heaven...

As for what is the Counterfit law that satan desires to force on humaity? Simple... being that the whole conflict resolves around worship-

Rev.16: He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

The issue here is satan wants to divert your worship from God, and to worship him and the mark he has set up.

All we need to do now is look at the commandments dealing with the worship of God and look for one that has been changed... and accepted by the whole world....
A commandment that religious leaders might be considering enforcing world wide that clearly contradicts what God wrote on stone....

http://www.interamerica.org/users/index ... anguage=en

you want to see what plans are for this religious law read Dies Domini, The late Pope John paul II outlines how it is nessary for this commandment to be enforced world wide with CIVIL authority... and i would guess those who end up breaking this law will not be able to buy or sell when it it does finally get passed...
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Spidey wrote:We could always give them California… :wink:
IIRC, China's investments in the US are mortgage backed to a large degree.

So technically they own a large chunk of Cali already... :roll:
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Problem with the gold standard is that the value of gold isn't that much less variable than the value of normal money.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

welp, human kind went from a barter system, to a currency system, to a banking system for ease of commerce. I suspect a global currency will just be a further progression.

Perhaps what the unintended consequences will be, is our being able to see how we were being screwed by foreign countries. So instead of the new Chi-com electric vehicle being priced in yuans, it will now be priced in a currency we can all relate to. We can easily see the cost of labor to make it, we can see the cost the chinese can buy it for and then we can see the cost we are buying it for and more easily go...WTF?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

If the mark of the beast is nothing but changing the Jewish sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, I for one am going to be very disappointed. [/sarcasm]
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I don't claim to know a lot about the end times. Just that there is gonna be an end. As I understand it, the Bible for tells that the world would eventually become under the rule of one central government. In that unity of government is when Satan launches his final rebellion (it always boils down to rebellion). At that time, everyone will forced to deny allegiance to anything (including their religious beliefs) and swear allegiance to this government and eventually to the one man who will gain power over it all (just as Hitler did).

So as far as the mark of the beast goes, anyone who accepts that mark and publicly denies their faith in Jesus obviously does not have faith in Jesus, and the Bible tells us specifically that without faith it is impossible to please God. In fact it is the only thing that pleases him.

Anyone who accepts their branding has chosen that side.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

The question we gotta ask is Obama the antichrist?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

he's more a marxist Lenin than the Anti-Christ :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

I really don't think he is but may usher in the New World Order which will put the Antichrist in to power.

The Antichrist Statements Made during the inauguration speech

This verse is speaking of a future event.

Revelation 13:15 (NIV)
15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

I wouldn't recommend that site. What a mess.
Revelation 13 (NKJV) wrote:15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
You ought to get yourself a Bible that is true to the majority of the original language manuscripts. Somebody made snowflakes out of the one that one is based on.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Obama is not the antichrist.

But Bush was the keymaster of Gozer the Gozerian, and Dick Chaney was the Gatekeeper.

/me eats marshmellows.
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Revelation 13:15 (New American Standard Bible)

15And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even [a]speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Revelation 13:15 (Amplified Bible)
15And he is permitted [also] to impart the breath of life into the beast's image, so that the statue of the beast could actually talk and cause to be put to death those who would not bow down and worship the image of the beast.

Revelation 13:15 (New Living Translation)
15 He was then permitted to give life to this statue so that it could speak. Then the statue of the beast commanded that anyone refusing to worship it must die.

Revelation 13:15 (English Standard Version)
15And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.

Revelation 13:15 (Contemporary English Version)
15It was allowed to put breath into the idol, so that it could speak. Everyone who refused to worship the idol of the beast was put to death.

Revelation 13:15 (21st Century King James Version)

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause to be killed as many as would not worship the image of the beast.

Seems they are all about the same message. So what makes you think one is better than another or are you just comforming to religion?

Seems to me religion leads to conformity. I myself believe in what my parents taught as a religion. Thus I conformed to their views of religion but what others believe is different each person has to make peace to the god or gods the believe in. They in turn teach their kids in their views of what they believe thus the child comforms to their religion.

I have read the bible in many different formats. Most teach the same basic principles of main stream christianity. Where as a child in Iraq will conform to Islamic teachings. Now really who on earth can really say without any doubts that their way is the true way.

Now as for me I believe that my relationship with god is very very personal every human has a path they must follow. Every person has the knowledge of right and wrong. I believe that he is with me at all times. Guiding me to do what is right. I feel bad when I do something that isn't right. So I'll keep my relationship to god to myself and I'll do what is right every day.

Edit: Maybe the people who voted to put together the modern cannon didn't include every thing either.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action= ... wId=173421

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action= ... wId=173421
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Insurrectionist wrote:Seems they are all about the same message. So what makes you think one is better than another or are you just comforming to religion?
I wasn't unnecessarily vague in what I said. For the details watch the video. Do you want to hear it from me, or from someone who studied it in-depth? That's the video of a lecture by Les Garrett that I attended. If you want to argue something argue with it.

Religion being about conformity is true, but using that as a basis for argument only leads to confusion. Is a thing true or is it not true? Is it of God or is it not of God? "Maybe" should not be word used in discussion of spiritual matters.
Insurrectionist wrote:Now really who on earth can really say without any doubts that their way is the true way.
Who indeed. Do you really know God if you don't know? The apostles knew. The word of God talks about the things of God being spiritually discerned, and that the carnal (fleshly) man cannot know them (1 Cor 2:14). John says:
John 7 wrote:17 "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
Why don't you know?

The truth is that no man's way is the true way, it's only true inasmuch as it conforms with God's way. And it is by the Spirit of God, through the word of God that we conform to God's way.

You've read your Bible and you don't know these things?
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Who says I want to argue debate? A judgement call on your part. Religion is one of the reason the the world is fighting all the time. Every one believes they have the one true Religion.

Who says I don't know these things? Again A judgement call on your part. Many Christians today heavily rely upon the present day Theologians to tell them how to believe. Christ came not so we would become mindless masses thinking the same kind of thoughts and adhering to the standard principles of those who are supposedly in the loop. Christ came to set us free to think as individuals.

Hebrews 10:11-16 11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

By argue I'm sure Thorne meant debate.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

AlphaDoG wrote:By argue I'm sure Thorne meant debate.
True My bad I should never assume every one knows the assume thing.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

A bit of a misunderstanding. I just noticed that you were using the NIV, I wasn't actually trying to say something specific about that verse. Quoting the NKJV was just an inane way of saying "this is the one we ought to be looking at." I can see how that is confusing, I apologize. It's just that there are places where it makes a tremendous difference, so I consider which version of the Bible you read to be very important. Yes there are places in the NIV where the source manuscripts aren't that bad, and where the translation isn't bad (not to detract from my point, but according to my Dad there are even a couple of places where they get word translations more correct than the NKJV), but then you've got things like Matthew 17:21. And there's a lot more--the videos are a documented history of ungodly people tampering with the word of God, and giving us a "fragmentary Bible".

It was confusing for me that you were addressing my arguments before you had fully looked into them, and in doing so suggesting that I might just be conforming to religion (bearing in mind that that too seems to have come from the initial misunderstanding). Just to clear that up, my parents do not conform to a religion. I do not conform to a religion. The Bible is the only authority I recognize, and that pretty well puts me at odds with any standardized religion that calls itself "Christianity."

So I'm going to sort of start over, and if any of that comes up again, apart from our misunderstanding, then I'll address it.

However, I believe you threw up an escape statement regarding the content of the videos, and my argument in general concerning what translation of the Bible you are using, and I'm not satisfied with that...
Insurrectionist wrote:Now as for me I believe that my relationship with god is very very personal every human has a path they must follow. Every person has the knowledge of right and wrong. I believe that he is with me at all times. Guiding me to do what is right. I feel bad when I do something that isn't right. So I'll keep my relationship to god to myself and I'll do what is right every day.
If by that you mean that you don't need to consider what I'm saying about Bible versions, let me ask you: according to scripture, does all knowledge and all edification that you need come from your personal relationship with God? Is that the way God works with us?