Setting up a D3 Lan between XP & VISTA

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Setting up a D3 Lan between XP & VISTA

Post by Gekko71 »

My eldest asked me today to set up a D3 LAN co-op game for him and me - but bugger me if I could figure out how to do it. :(

I've been looking through the multiplayer archives for any threads on \"how to set up a lan match for networking noobs\" - but found nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to \"How to\" guides for setting up lan games between machines running xp and vista? (I've played over LANs before, but never had to set up a match til now). Should I do it Peer-to-peer or server-client instead (with the vista machine being the server)

Thanks for the help guys.

(...can't believe we don't have a sticky on configuring LAN games.)
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Do you have more than 2 computers networked? If you do I would use a third computer to run the client server and join it.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

If your pc's are already networked and seeing each other, you should be able to just start a multiplayer coop on one, and the other should see it when he starts the game. My kids do it all the time.

We've had up to 9 pc's networked here with the kids having a D3 tourney with friends, and haven't had issues. 'Course, I'm running all XP, so I can't speak for Vista. Only have that on my laptop.