Miner Wars on VE3D

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Miner Wars on VE3D

Post by CDN_Merlin »

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I'm afraid if too many failed projects that get publicity mention Descent the general public will eventually associate failure with Descent... Not a hole I'd love to see my favorite game franchise become associated with.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Jake, it says it's slated for release THIS autumn. That doesn't sound like vaporware.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Has anyone else twigged to the fact that this game may be even MORE vertigo-inducing than Descent?

...no lights on the roof, no tiles on the floor, no windows, no lava, no water, no gravity...

How do we orient ourselves? :lol:

8) :lol: :lol: I can't wait!!! :lol: :lol: 8)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol, quite likely. :)

I have a D2 level in my archives called \"Confusion\". It is a anarchy level that does just that. Nearly each room you go into is at a right angle from the last and not always \"right side up\" when you enter it. I used to love that level, it would really throw people off but wasn't bad after you got used to it.

And really, in some regards, Freespace was just as bad in the large battles. Keeping orientation was kind of mute.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It will make playing the game that more challenging. And only true Descent players will enjoy this. I for one can't wait. Only if my PC can run it.
CritterB
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CritterB »

It does look a little cheesy graphics wise but I'm sure I'll be giving it a try this fall.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Took one look at their screenshots (Examples) chuckled instantly and then proceded to laugh at the $294.00 + 178.50 in 3D Model Assets they squandered from 2003(errrr purchased).

Oh wait here is more from 3DRT and and More

I smell something squiddy, I mean Fishy
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

BUBBALOU wrote:Took one look at their screenshots (Examples) chuckled instantly and then proceded to laugh at the $294.00 + 178.50 in 3D Model Assets they squandered from 2003(errrr purchased).

Oh wait here is more from 3DRT and and More

I smell something squiddy, I mean Fishy
Have you seen this thread Bubba - viewtopic.php?t=15543 - the head of the Dev team admits he bought the models from 3DRT. If it keeps the development costs down (in what is obviously not a AAA release), why not?

In addition, on the game's forums- http://www.minerwars.com/ForumTopic.aspx?id=40 - Marek has said he may consider accepting player-submitted models for ships and asteroids and giving the designer credit in-game for their content. Those ships *are* a bit clunky, but if Marek *does* accept user content, I'm sure the DBB moddlers may have 'somthing' lying around they could submit. :)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Gekko71 wrote: Have you seen this thread Bubba - viewtopic.php?t=15543 - the head of the Dev team admits he bought the models from 3DRT. If it keeps the development costs down (in what is obviously not a AAA release), why not?
Actually no...... I try not to visit this board since it has become the Planet Descent refuge unless given links in chat. Also upon looking at that thread, I try to stay away from were Isaac trolls, especially since he was banned from the OTHER DBB.

But anyways I thought we gave up on low-poly models 10 years ago - J E L L O or T O N K A make your choice

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.