How things work!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

How things work!

Post by AlphaDoG »

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s a good story, but all the lies and exaggerations, make me go….Poo Poo.

This is the same criticism I made about the right’s take on health care reform…there is enuf truth, you don’t have to lie!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The tiny fragments of truth are completely overshadowed by the exaggerated alarmist propaganda.

Like the statistic that said 4% of the original forests remain in the US... while that is probably true, it is completely ignoring the fact that we farm and grow more trees to meet demand for wood products. Wood is a renewable and \"green\" resource. I would even venture to say that new paper products are better for the environment than recycled paper products because recycling paper requires a great deal more toxic chemicals to complete the process.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

true Krom.

My Dad worked in the paper industry for 30 years in the Northwest. There are some problems with both those thoughts however. It takes a minimum of 35 years to cycle a crop of trees and those aren't very good for lumber. The rings are too far apart as the trees grow so you won't get top dollar and get a lower grade lumber.

Paper can be recycled only so many times (twice I think) before the fiber completely breaks down. This is why you will seldom see more than a 30% post consumer waist mix in recycled paper you buy. That way, it can continue to be recycled productively.

A good thing is that Alder makes a very Good fine grade of paper. It grows quickly with a max 200+ year life and puts nutrients back into the ground while it grows. Weyerhauser was experimenting with it a while back and it looks promising. The 4% is the original Virgin old growth that is in our national parks. ... which the government is slowly selling off. :x THAT is what the whole spotted owl thing is about. .. it's NOT about the owls, but saving old growth that the Feds would otherwise sell.

(I'll watch the vid later)

Oh, one more thing. Neither new or recycled is better. Both are extraordinarily toxic processes. The acids and caustics they use are very VERY toxic.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Our government's job is \"to take care of us\"??

I stopped right about there for tonight. Are there more such pearls of wisdom to be found in the ensuing 21-odd minutes? Just curious.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

LOL...yes, lots and lots...
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

dissent wrote: Are there more such pearls of wisdom to be found in the ensuing 21-odd minutes? Just curious.
...you...didn't make it to the part about the computers and the one piece that doesn't fit because its a different shape?

Start at 12:45....

I doubt this is serious.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

environmental claptrap.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Caught a bit of Glen Beck last night,

guess which video he was ranting on because a \"watchdog\" (who didn't want to be identified), emailed him saying it was shown in his school.

About 20 minutes of coverage because someone on the internets emailed him!!

That man is his own religion.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

OMFG LOL
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I made it to 3 minutes and had to reclaim the balance of my sanity!
She opens by saying the government spends over half of our taxes on the military. total BS! They only spend 20% on the military and that includes international security assistance ie; other countries defense! Over 40% of our taxes goes on health care and social security!

Who wrote this indoctrination tool? Michael Moore?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Moore's not an environ-mental.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

This claptrap emanates from the Tides foundation.
http://www.tides.org/

It is being shown in schools around the country as fact, and people need to be aware of this crap.

http://www.capitalismalovestory.com/ is Michael Moore's new film which is a must see for lefties.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

AlphaDoG wrote:It is being shown in schools around the country as fact, and people need to be aware of this crap.
LOL. I was just about to comment on what a fine product of our public school system she appeared to be. GIGO.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lol, Michael Moore thinks the economy is supposed to be a democracy, I think he has the economy confused with the political system.

Which is funny, because if you think about it, the economy is actually far more democratic than the political system.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

so if MM is making a movie criticizing the Capitalist system. is he planning on not taking any profits from his propaganda piece?? :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

He uses all the profit from his movies, to make more movies, as to enlighten the pitiful masses…

Suuuuuurrrreeeeee :roll: