Let the indoctrination begin!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Let the indoctrination begin!

Post by AlphaDoG »

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

LOL alpha you posted while I was posting. I guess great minds think alike
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Thread merger?
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Oh, lovely. The libs take over yet more of our educational system, now teaching them which celebrities and famous people to admire, rather than letting the kids think for themselves.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol! where've you been the last +20 years?? :lol:
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Growing up and in school? I'm glad I figured it out so I wasn't permanently caught up in it. Kudos to me being raised in a conservative family so I could see the bias, and teaching myself to look at both sides.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

CUDA wrote:LOL alpha you posted while I was posting. I guess great minds think alike
Sometimes CUDA, you make it too easy..... ;)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Gooberman wrote:
CUDA wrote:LOL alpha you posted while I was posting. I guess great minds think alike
Sometimes CUDA, you make it too easy..... ;)
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Kudos to that teacher and her class. There was nothing political in what she did and most likely did it for Bush and the rest of the presidents. We did the same thing in our school but only the extremists have a problem with it which is right up FOX's alley.

Bettina
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Bet,

I distinctly remember singing patriotic songs (\"This land is your land\", \"America the Beautiful\", \"Star-Spangled Banner\", etc.). I also remember a couple of tunes about George Washington and Abe Lincoln.

However, I don't recall ever singing any songs cheering the current presidents (Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton when I was in school).

On the other hand, I certainly recall teachers getting preachy about their political views, which is acceptable at a private institution, but completely wrong for a public school.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

Bet51987 wrote:Kudos to that teacher and her class. There was nothing political in what she did and most likely did it for Bush and the rest of the presidents. We did the same thing in our school but only the extremists have a problem with it which is right up FOX's alley.

Bettina
Presumption

1. something believed without actual evidence: a belief based on the fact that something is considered to be extremely reasonable or likely
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Foil, I don't know what to tell you. We did the same thing in both elementary and middle schools for William Jefferson Clinton. Although it didn't continue in high school, there were portraits of the current president in almost every classroom.

It was as boring back then as I'm sure it is to the kids today.

Bee
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:which is right up FOX's alley.

Bettina
it was a youtube video and had Nothing to do with the EVIL EMPIRE Fox.

LOL your even seeing Fox News in your sleep, hallucinations arent helping your reputation Bee

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA wrote:

Bettina

LOL your even seeing Fox News in your sleep, hallucinations arent helping your reputation Bee
It was FOX in YOUR thread about the same subject.

Bee
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Bet51987 wrote:Foil, I don't know what to tell you. We did the same thing in both elementary and middle schools for William Jefferson Clinton. Although it didn't continue in high school,...
Hmmmm, who was president after Clinton?
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Insurrectionist »

Bet51987 wrote:We did the same thing in both elementary and middle schools for William Jefferson Clinton.
Bee
So do you now see how indoctrination works now. Something you done in school leads you to believe that this sort of thing is ok. They have aready indoctrinated you into liberalism. On the other hand it works on the conservative person to, from their school days. Like respect for freedom, the flag and the constitution. How to stand on your feet and not let the government dictate how you should run your house,raise you children, what to eat or how you handle your health issues. These matters belong to the individual not the Collective.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Resistance is futile!
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Will Robinson wrote:Hmmmm, who was president after Clinton?
Many a song was sung about Al Gore as well.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

I agree with Will on this. Bee...saying they had you do it for Clinton...doesn't really help your position. And What does the FOX part matter?

Unless you think they faked the video?

Personally, I think it's wrong to have children pledge to a specific person-liberal, conservative, independant, w\\e. Pledge to the country? Fine. Obama is a servant of the country. (As President). Let's do that, too. I don't think that teacher is honestly helping Obama either-just giving ammo to his opponents.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

Stroodles wrote:I don't think that teacher is honestly helping Obama either-just giving ammo to his opponents.
Hmmmmm, perhaps that was the nefarious right wing plan from the beginning?

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:

Bettina

It was FOX in YOUR thread about the same subject.

Bee
LOL OMG this isn't my thread!!!!!!!!!!

GROW UP.

the Evil Empire Fox didn't make the Video, they just wrote a story about it.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Words to the song:

Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say \"hooray!\"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Those lyrics are terrible.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

ya they sound like something written by some 80's hair band :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

HEIL OBAMA!!!!

/me gives the one finger salute :P
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Spidey wrote:Those lyrics are terrible.
Too terrible, what do you want to bet it was one of the kids who composed it...and now, they are on fox news, thats gotta suck.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Only disgruntled republicans from Fox News and some forum members who wallow in paranoia, would find the following words scary enough to make the youtube video an issue. I thought the words were fine, the teacher great, and the kids awesome.

Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say \"hooray!\"

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Bee
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

No you cut out the \"mmmm\"s. That's the sound mummies make.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Bet,

The kids were fine; I love seeing their enthusiasm for music. :)

The problem is not that the lyrics are scary. The issue is that unlike lyrics to patriotic songs like \"America the Beautiful\", those lyrics were inappropriate.

Unlike private institutions, it's inappropriate for public school educators to teach their personal political or religious views in the classroom. I was a teacher at a public school, myself; if I had brought my political views into the classroom, I would have been just as out of line as this teacher.

That said, I think you're right that Fox News and others are making far too big an issue of this. There have always been educators who overstep their position and get politically preachy. Doesn't make it right, but it's not a sign of impending child propaganda, as some are making it out to be.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Jeez Bettina I hope some day you grow a brain and learn to think.

Those words were very inappropriate. I asked my 7 year old daughter if she has been asked to hail Obama in school and she told me she wouldn't participate if asked. I gave her a star and a GREAT BIG hug.

Foil, how do we know this is an isolated incident? Seems to me the teacher's union is in the tank for Obama as much as the media is. This could be happening in more places than you think.

People we have got to take control of the public school system. Once upon a time the PTA had way more control of public education than the teacher's union. You can bet I'll be attending EVERY school board meeting from this day forward.

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

The question still remains.

WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS?????????

― Theodore Roosevelt
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

He's black and president at the same time.
Waited till the market stabilized then said it stabilized.
And the rest is a work in progress.

:P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

The level of wrong going on there is boggling.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I find this to be pure Bolshevik revolution rhetoric:

So no matter what the plans are and no matter the economy is still going ever deeper in the tank, some propagandist teacher wants her students to \"Honor\" them as tho any plans should be honored. Reminds me of the USSR's 5 year plans, none of which worked.

Pick any of the 3 posters and you can imagine little children singing praises in the same manner:

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

AlphaDoG wrote:Jeez Bettina I hope some day you grow a brain and learn to think.
There are so few liberal voices on this BB, lets try and not make less.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The fact that the teacher crossed a line is no big deal. She's a big Obama fan and if it came out at work one day it won't hurt.

The fact that the Principle rejects the idea that it was wrong is a big deal. It makes you wonder if the teacher can inject her politics into the little minds daily. It makes you wonder if all the teachers in her school are doing it.

Once it is made a national story that the Principle condones it she must be disciplined or else the message you send is that teaching your ideology is acceptable if you are pro-Obama.

So for me the teacher and her song is no big story but the Principle's attitude is. I wonder when will they play the race card to try and discredit the objections to the event.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

Gooberman wrote:
AlphaDoG wrote:Jeez Bettina I hope some day you grow a brain and learn to think.
There are so few liberal voices on this BB, lets try and not make less.
True.

(I could have said more if only)

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

I find the silence deafening from our left leaning members of this board.
not one of them has post a PRO Obama accomplishment after I have asked twice now. so that leave's me to believe that he has no major achievements after almost a year in office. well just to show I'm trying to be objective. I'll point out 2 Minor one's so far. while neither of these actually affect the economy or ANY of the promises that he campaigned for, they are still positive none the less

1. his comments on the race issue have been a positive, hopefully they will bring SOME form a civility to that issue and shut up the actual racists that continue to use the race card to forward their agenda.
2. his calling out of Iran. while this was done by President Bush many times I was proud to see him do it under his watch. but the Jury is still out on how he handles this from here on out. this could be one of the defining moments of his Presidency.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

AlphaDoG wrote:(I could have said more if only)
If you need to say more than is allowed here there is always the PM function or .com. I have enough of a brain to handle you.

Bee
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

What has Obama accomplished? Can you really ask that question? Ok, he has accomplished to divide the country more than any other president, more than I can ever remember in my lifetime. I really don't think this is a good thing that we have children singing praises for a man who can do this.