Mental illness...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Mental illness...

Post by Nightshade »

Ok...these people are mentally ill.

Not only is this image grotesque and disturbing, it is cause for shunning and boycotting this business:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/phugc/WLcXI.ffl ... _D0JCHfBVu

How many women have been afflicted with self-image disorders by what is being sold to them by media and commercial interests? The designer and photographer should be shot.

Aside from creating life-threatening conditions for models, how IS that attractive? It's disgusting.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Photoshop Disasters

I really do not understand why Heterosexual Females are bound to attempt to reproduce a Homosexual Male's Designers concept of an ideal partner.

at another time I may elaborate.....

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

I agree. People are morons.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It's strange. You keep hearing how fat America is getting yet the media keeps pushing this imagery. Or does that make perfect sense?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Isaac will understand this Imagery when he officially becomes a homosexual male.
Isaac/Octoputz wrote:You lucky bastard. I WISH i was gay. Woman sucks so much. I hate them, but i keep going back to those harpies... If there was a gay pill i'd O.D. them...
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Isaac wrote:It's strange. You keep hearing how fat America is getting yet the media keeps pushing this imagery. Or does that make perfect sense?
Our government uses McDonalds to make fat people fatter, to buy more food and diet pills and high cholesterol medication but why this? Its idiotic.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Bingo. But I wouldn't claim it's our government(s) since they're not that smart or organized. Shareholders make more sense. Profit from McDonalds and Slimfast at the same time by investing in the control of different media sources. It's rope and pulleys plan but so are computer programs.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Are you telling me you don't really understand this? It's shock value advertising. I've seen them before in one of the Malls around here a couple of years ago. Yeah it's weird, but it's meant to be. It gets your attention and makes you REALLY look at the image and the ad.

Gives me the willies. :P
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Duper wrote:Are you telling me you don't really understand this? It's shock value advertising. I've seen them before in one of the Malls around here a couple of years ago. Yeah it's weird, but it's meant to be. It gets your attention and makes you REALLY look at the image and the ad.

Ummm - Myself I don't think it's shockvertising.

...Insanely stupid yes - but not shockvertising. :lol:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Disgusting.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Gekko71 wrote:
Duper wrote:Are you telling me you don't really understand this? It's shock value advertising. I've seen them before in one of the Malls around here a couple of years ago. Yeah it's weird, but it's meant to be. It gets your attention and makes you REALLY look at the image and the ad.

Ummm - Myself I don't think it's shockvertising.

...Insanely stupid yes - but not shockvertising. :lol:
I agree with this. This isn't the first model to have looked like this. There are plenty more and the trend IS serious. They are serious - looking good is looking like this.

http://iamrainbow.wordpress.com/2007/01 ... permodels/
^ Read This ^
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Cut off cable, TV, and Internet and make your kids play outside. Give them meaningful teenage activities such as giving them an axe and and old couch with instructions to burn the wood in the fire-pit, or teaching them to drive. When they want to buy designer clothes and shoes tell them to go right ahead and buy it with their own money.

First time driving = 4 years old
First paper-route = 8
First time driving a 1957 split axle dump-truck = 12
First time paying Room and Board = 12
Out of the house by 16

My Dad was old school.
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Pandora »

hmmm, not sure if it is meant to be like this. Statement from Ralph Lauren:
For over 42 years we have built a brand based on quality and integrity. After further investigation, we have learned that we are responsible for the poor imaging and retouching that resulted in a very distorted image of a woman's body. We have addressed the problem and going forward will take every precaution to ensure that the caliber of our artwork represents our brand appropriately."
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Cut off cable, TV, and Internet and make your kids play outside. Give them meaningful teenage activities such as giving them an axe and and old couch with instructions to burn the wood in the fire-pit, or teaching them to drive. When they want to buy designer clothes and shoes tell them to go right ahead and buy it with their own money.
completely agree. It is amazing how little you miss the TV after you've gotten over the first month or so.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Pandora wrote:completely agree. It is amazing how little you miss the TV after you've gotten over the first month or so.
And then it becomes harder to watch TV. The rare times I do watch I find my mind wanders all over the place, and then when I come back to the show I don't know whats going on.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

You guys have wandered off the subject of the thread- but;

Yep, I don't watch TV anymore. There really isn't any point and it's increasingly obvious these days that if you really want to watch something, you can watch it at just about any time you want. Traditional media is dying a horrible death because of the internet.

Newspapers, magazines, television networks...are all becoming obsolete and meaningless when you can grab all the same content from the net for free or nearly free for the time you choose and at any time you choose.

Book publishers may find it more difficult to make ends meet as well when e-paper devices start coming to market en masse next year. Authors will be able to self-publish and take home all the money without the paper printing-royalty-sucking middleman.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Pandora wrote:completely agree. It is amazing how little you miss the TV after you've gotten over the first month or so.
I'll agree with that. Until you miss an episode of House and realize the DVR is gone...
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i disagree, theres nothing attractive about a fat ★■◆●.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Burlyman »

S13driftAZ wrote:
Isaac wrote:It's strange. You keep hearing how fat America is getting yet the media keeps pushing this imagery. Or does that make perfect sense?
Our government uses irradiation and genetic modification on food to make fat people fatter, to buy more food and diet pills and high cholesterol medication but why this? Its idiotic.
Fixed that for you. =P
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

HAHA thanks. I believe that too.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

It's called get a LIFE and step outside the house. Get a dog, get a significant other, or go find some meaningful activity (such as hiking or carpentry) or go to school and get another degree.

The only time I'll be using the tv is in the mornings if my husband is awake and at night for an episode of Family Guy or the Simpsons (don't ask me why, no matter how many times I've seen these shows, it's entertaining yet just enough to let me relax and go to sleep).

I can only hope I don't turn into one of those moms who just puts their young kids in front of TV just to get a few minutes of chores done. :roll: That's just saying the answer to everything is to watch tv