Maybe he was depressed...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Maybe he was depressed...

Post by Nightshade »

Maybe this guy was depressed by what he saw and decided, what the heck- why not end it all now?

Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:42 AM
Iran Nuclear Monitor Dies Mysteriously
Mark Hosenball

Police in Austria are investigating the mysterious death of a British nuclear monitoring expert. Early news reports said that Timothy Hampton, who worked for an international monitoring unit called the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), died after falling 12 stories in a building in the Vienna International Center, one of the United Nations' main office complexes in Europe.

Reports said Austrian authorities would order an autopsy. \"Everything points towards a suicide, and there are no signs of any third party being involved,\" a police spokesman, Alexander Haslinger, told the French news agency AFP. Authorities in Vienna have privately indicated to other governments that while suicide is the principal cause of death under investigation, they haven't ruled out the possibility that it could have been an accident or even murder, according to an official source in Washington. Official reports and a former U.N. official indicate that Hampton fell 12 stories down an internal emergency stairwell—from the 17th to the fifth floor—in the high-rise Vienna building.

Some news reports said that Hampton had been involved in the current round of negotiations between Iran, the U.S., and several other Western countries regarding Tehran's controversial nuclear program. However, his participation in the Iran talks could not be immediately confirmed, and a former U.N. official who worked at the Vienna complex said that officials who worked for the CTBTO were normally not supposed to have any involvement with the work of the IAEA, which is based in the same complex and is at the center of diplomatic discussions between the West and Iran...
Rest of article here: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/declassi ... ously.aspx
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

I think Obama killed him.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I think he DID commit suicide.

he was a member of the DBB and he read too many of TB's posts and it drove him over the edge
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

In other news, it has been discovered that Obama looks more like a monkey than Bush.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

crossing the line on this one
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

CUDA wrote:I think he DID commit suicide.

he was a member of the DBB and he read too many of TB's posts and it drove him over the edge
haha, nice.