D3 Loki version

Feedback for the Outrage Entertainment D3 dev team members - bug reports, patch issues, your raves (or rants).
Kevin Bentley
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

D3 Loki version

Post by Kevin Bentley »

Hey, does anyone out there have the loki version of D3? I've got a CD that won't read anymore, and I need some files off of it. Please email me kevin.bentley@gmail.com if you do, thanks!

P.S. Yes, this is not the first time I made this request, but I think the last time was about 9 years ago, so I don't feel too bad asking again. :)

P.P.S Work resumes on a patch for windows & linux, and OSX. No idea when it'll be ready, but it's being worked on.... :)
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Check email. Also curious to hear details of the patch. :)
Why doesn't it work?
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

Good god, after all this time?? Wow... I don't know what to say.

You can download the Linux-specific files from my website, I packaged them with a how-to because the Loki version is no longer available. The How-to is outdated, I'm working on that as we speak.

http://jeffhendricks.net/D3-linux-files.tar.gz

If you need anything, let us know. We still play D3 on Linux.

'Sup, Xam? Been a while, eh?
Kevin Bentley
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Kevin Bentley »

Thanks, I appreciate that!

With Jeff's help we got the Interplay movies working again under linux and OSX yesterday (there's still a sound bug I've got to work out). Jeff fixed some opengl issues under linux and OSX yesterday. Today I got the level/netgame scripts building for OSX. We've still got to get some work done on streaming audio, and I've got to fix a OSX texture upload issue. After that point we've got a pretty stable build I think, so I will go back to working on some netplay issues (including a checksum issue between windows and linux netgames).

Jeff and I also plan to convert the in-game scripting sytem to use AngelScript instead of compiled DLLs. We will modify DALLAS to output AngelScript code that can be embedded with a level, so it will be easy to make netgames and level scripts without building for multiple platforms. I also plan to add support for a 64 bit build soon.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Kevin you are a godsend. How many developers would still be working on patching a game that is 10 years old and only has a handful of players left? Let alone pathcing for 3 platforms.

We are blessed to have you on our side.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Amen to that Merlin.

Although I don't really play anymore, I still have a joystick connected to my PC, so one never knows. :P
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It's one game I have had installed since I bought it. Even after I format, I just copied my folder back. Haven't played in ages but will most likely play single soon. I'm playing D2 single right now with a new level set that came out recently.
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

Agreed, I took about 8 months off, but I am ready to get back into it.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

FunkyStickman wrote: 'Sup, Xam? Been a while, eh?
Haha, it has. I still have this sites broken rss feed on my bookmarks bar and check it occasionally.

A little hope is back with this 1.5 patch I guess. D3 never leaves my linux installation (one of the first things I back up) and it still works just fine through all these years of software updates. Pretty amazing.
Why doesn't it work?
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

any graphics enhancements in order???
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Oh my gawd it's Kevin Bentley - let's get the dust out of the halls guys.

What the f hell?

Welcome back mate - so happy to see you again!

Left a couple of mails a while back :-)

<-- sits back and cracks up a beer

woot woot!
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

woot! that's good news man. if it's just changing some hard coded values, would you consider loosening some restrictions for level building, such as the number of max. custom textures, or the number of max. players etc.?
i've also found issues in the definitions in the sdk or their interpretation (however you look at it), which seem d3-code related. if i told you what it is, would you fix that too?

thanks man!