Uniongate

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Uniongate

Post by woodchip »

So once again, in the dark of night, the vermin ridden rats and lice that lay in the same political bed made another deal to save their political asses. Seems the taxation of the cadillac health care plans didn't set well with the unions (as I alluded to in previous posts). This morning we find out they are now to be excluded from the Obama scheme to fund his \"I had a dream to control your lives\" health care plan. So now that all the unions are excluded, how much will be left from the rest of the cadillac plans to help defray the costs of govtcare ? To bad we who are not in a union will now bear the additional costs.

It will be interesting to see how our beloved pols spin this one. WTB, friend in the White House.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

How is a \"cadilac plan\" defined? Is it any health insurance plan provided by an employer or are there monetary value thresholds it has to reach before falling into that category?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

THIS

You'll have to remember that unions negotiated less pay for better health care in their contracts all through the preceeding years. They saw the health care meltdown writing on the wall years ago, even before employers relized there would be a monetary problem for them in the future. However, that doesn't excuse the favoritism in the Health Care Bill. Something's going to give with the mess the Democrats have cobbled together.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

The \"give\" will be known \"at the end of the day.\" (sorry couldn't resist)

I imagine once Scott Brown is elected ObamaCare will be on the run.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

I have not seen the health care industry themselves step in any way, they have been very very quite about this. Really makes me wonder what they are up to over this.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Cuda68 wrote:I have not seen the health care industry themselves step in any way, they have been very very quite about this. Really makes me wonder what they are up to over this.
I'll bet you a pile of money the key players have been assured they will get exemptions or bailout cash or any number of cash kickbacks from the government if they will play along. That has been the standard operating procedure for the democrats and Obama during this whole fiasco. they don't care about the budget being way beyond revenues nor do they care about the net result of their proposals falling far short of actually saving us any costs. They merely care about creating federal control over a big part of every voters means of survival....once they establish that dependence on government within the fabric of our everyday lives 'all our base belong to them'...

then again my health insurance premium just went to 8000 per year and it has a 6000 deductable before they pay anything and we are a family of four who don't go to the doctor...never had a claim! So go Obama break it good because someone is going to have to pay my way now instead of the other way around.