ChrisRay has passed away on January 28, 2010.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

ChrisRay has passed away on January 28, 2010.

Post by Gold Leader »

Hi all I received some bad news from the NVIDIA & EVGA forums via email that ChrisRay has passed away on January 28, 2010
Here's the memories page of this felllow man:
http://www.nvnews.net/articles/chris_ray_memorial/

\"ChrisRay, 1983 - 2010
3D Graphics Enthusiast, Forum Moderator, and Gamers' Friend

We're deeply saddened by the loss of our friend Chris \"ChrisRay\" Arthington who succumbed to pneumonia on January 28th, 2010. He was only 27.

Chris was a longtime graphics enthusiast, nZone moderator, and frequent contributor on a number of on-line forums including nV News, SLI Zone, EVGA, Rage3D, AnandTech, Beyond3D, GameSpot and others. He loved graphics technology and had a sincere desire to assist people by sharing information, trouble-shooting and reporting issues to NVIDIA.

As a member of our user group, he helped us evaluate new hardware and advocated for improvements like advanced anti-aliasing and improved multi-GPU scaling. His Twitter (ChrisRaySLI) bio states:

\"Goal: Help All Nvidia users by improving their experience with Nvidia Hardware.\"

He died at an age of 27, which is kinda young, the cause was: Pneumonia, Chris was a good friend of mine as everyone within the EVGA / NVIDIA fourms.

Anyways I donated money to fund his ill mother, which i found a respectful thing to do, I was asked to spread the news for this, so here by I post this.

Peace.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

My condolences to friends and family.

I fought Pneumonia when I worked at a car lot... I was 18 and it kicked the snot outta me. My cousin was stung by a sea urchin in Mexico and his lungs filled with fluid for weeks. Was touch and go for a 9 year old kid. Life is short... live it.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

yeah life is indeed short, when you get older everything seems to fly by as if hours were seconds. but thanks for your condolences, it's pretty strange without Chris not being around at the NVIDIA & EVGA forums, we don't realise it yet, that's the scariest part.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL