Possible cell phone link to Cancer

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Possible cell phone link to Cancer

Post by Duper »

This is kind of a long read, but really interesting. Sources in article.

Clik!
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Oy.

Cell phone tip: Put a popcorn kernel in your ear, then when it pops you know it's time to put the cell phone down.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

they have been saying that for years.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yup, and if you read the article you would see that that is mentioned. There is some data to back those claims now.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Uh, the main point of their findings seemed to be that it doesn't prove much.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

Sirius wrote:Uh, the main point of their findings seemed to be that it doesn't prove much.
That's what I gathered, too. They spent record amounts of money, and didn't really get anywhere.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i say insted of finding out what will give you cancer because every thing will give u cancer how about spending that money on finding a cure for cancer.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I agree Warlock; however submitting yourself to a toxic environment continuously is important to know. Part of curing something like cancer is understanding environmental influcences.

Here in the town I live, used to be the Viewmaster Factory. (long before it was owned by Mattel, Tyco, or Fisher-Price) Part of their process used Acetone. They dumped the acetone waste directly into the dirt and buried it in metal drums in the ground. This, of course, poisoned the ground water. As this building was built before there was city water in that area, they used a well for their water source ... even drinking water. Many employee in the decades to follow (including the founder) developed pancreatic cancer. so should we continue dumping waste like Acetone into the ground and provide shots and pills to those that develop cancer; regardless of cause? I should certainly hope not.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Floyd »

Warlock wrote:i say insted of finding out what will give you cancer because every thing will give u cancer how about spending that money on finding a cure for cancer.
finding a cure - ok. but i'm with duper here: try to avoid exposure in the first place. therefore you have to know how.
that'd be like "why create traffic rules, build more hospitals!".
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I believe that occasional cell phone use is no big deal. Heck, even too much Sun can (for some people) be bad for you. Too much of ANYTHING can be bad for you over time. As I understand it, 30Hz is the \"danger zone\" for human exposure. And that's pretty established. Cell phones (new one, not the old WWII field phones :P ) have a much lower radiation output, but there is output none the less. It would be foolish to dismiss it before something concrete is determined. ..which might be a very long time.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Floyd »

Duper wrote:As I understand it, 30Hz is the "danger zone" for human exposure.
explain? 30Hz is an audible frequency, no "zone". of what? do you mean something else?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

broadcast frequency.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Canuck »

Duper wrote:I agree Warlock; however submitting yourself to a toxic environment continuously is important to know. Part of curing something like cancer is understanding environmental influcences.

Here in the town I live, used to be the Viewmaster Factory. (long before it was owned by Mattel, Tyco, or Fisher-Price) Part of their process used Acetone. They dumped the acetone waste directly into the dirt and buried it in metal drums in the ground. This, of course, poisoned the ground water. As this building was built before there was city water in that area, they used a well for their water source ... even drinking water. Many employee in the decades to follow (including the founder) developed pancreatic cancer. so should we continue dumping waste like Acetone into the ground and provide shots and pills to those that develop cancer; regardless of cause? I should certainly hope not.
When I was 14 I noticed a pulp company wanting to spray Agent Orange on the trees up north to sterilize the shrubbery and broad leaf trees leaving the timber standing. It even said on their own barrels not for aerial spray. After having the Provincial Environment minister had his hands tied behind his back by Federal, superior, and Party politics I suggested that the Indians in the area be let in on the secret. WEll after a few pow wow's and helicopters met with shotguns and rifles acompanied by 200 + angry Natives on the airstrip, the Pulp company decided not to spray Agent Orange on us.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

WOOT! :lol:

dang straight. DDT is nasty stuff.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Heh, the good old days when you could say: \"Welp, I cant say I speak for everyone, but at the least my pals Winchester and Colt might take an issue with you spraying toxic stuff in my neighborhood.\".