The Arizona immigration law and ....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Jeff250 »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Jeff, I wouldn't call you an idiot, but when the answer to illegal immigration is to smoke a joint I think my options are pretty limited. ;)
Not helping to end illegal immigration, but helping to end border violence, which is one of the motivators behind Arizona's law. I'm not advocating anyone smoke a joint. On the contrary, I think it's unproductive. Just like I would never advocate anyone go get drunk. But since being unproductive is the worst thing I can think to say about smoking it (unlike alcohol), I think that others should be given the right to make that decision themselves. So much of this prohibition-related violence is needless.
Heretic wrote:That is hilarious make weed legal bet you didn't know this about it then.
I'd actually never heard of the role that the race factor played in motivating the prohibition of marijuana in the U.S., but I can't tell if you mean this for or against ending prohibition? I would assume for ending it, since using racial motivations for prohibiting something is pretty weak?
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Wonder why this guy is suspected of coming through Texas instead of AZ

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37368665/
phx13 [POC]
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by phx13 [POC] »

I live in Arizona and its amazes me to see such backlash against a state that only upholds the law. Now businesses and other states like California are boycotting Arizona. This is what sickens me about illegal immigrantion: When an illegal immigrant commits a crime in Arizona, they are givin free healthcare, free money, free housing, free education for kids... Makes me what to become an illegal immigrant. First they complain about having no money, but where do they get the thousands of dollars to pay the coyotes!? Now they want to be granted amnesty!? If the world watches the US grant amnesty, then I give it 5 years tops that people around the world will flock to this country illegally and then the problem arises again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the US is the only country in the world that has open borders. If someone from Mexico was truely desperate to have a better life in the US, then that person should also be desperate to get citizenship the correct way instaed of fear for getting deported.