The Crunch of Broken Light Bulbs

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Re:

Post by Heretic »

woodchip wrote:
null0010 wrote:
woodchip wrote:What I found particularly disturbing was the day Obama was elected, there were those on the left saying that presidential term limits should be removed. Pretty extraordinary considering Obama's only job experience was being a community organizer.
That happens at the start of virtually every presidential term. The new president's most ardent supporters think he is some kind of political messiah and that he should be president for life.
I've followed politics since Nixon and I can not remember any "ardent" supporters calling for term limitations to be lifted. If you have specific examples, please post them.
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/29/us/re ... limit.html
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Heretic wrote:
woodchip wrote:
null0010 wrote:
woodchip wrote:What I found particularly disturbing was the day Obama was elected, there were those on the left saying that presidential term limits should be removed. Pretty extraordinary considering Obama's only job experience was being a community organizer.
That happens at the start of virtually every presidential term. The new president's most ardent supporters think he is some kind of political messiah and that he should be president for life.
I've followed politics since Nixon and I can not remember any "ardent" supporters calling for term limitations to be lifted. If you have specific examples, please post them.
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/29/us/re ... limit.html
The article refers to Reagan wanting term limits lifted....not supporters. Having said that, Regan was wrong in trying to end the limits.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Harry Reid proposed eliminating the 22nd amendment in 1989.

And Howard Berman tried to do the same in 2005.

I can recall some Schwarzenegger supporters a few years ago wanting the \"natural born citizen\" requirement stricken from the Constitution, as well.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Obama already set the precedent for that. :P
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

AlphaDoG wrote:Obama already set the precedent for that. :P
How? He didn't "come onto the scene" until after all of those other instances.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I guess you didn't get the birther reference.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I got the reference :roll: and I'm already familiar with the birth history of this nation's presidents and the (totally unnecessary and to be honest silly) suspicion of the current President's place of birth. You (and the previous poster) should study more facts instead of baseless statements.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Jeez you didn't notice the :P ?

The i-nets is a bad place for funnies, unless.....

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kluter/funnies/★■◆●.html
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Guess I found it more tiresome than funny. Oh well.