Ironman vs Batman

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Stroodles »

Isaac wrote:I think it's somewhat relevant to ask, did anybody else think the second Iorn Man Movie was better than the first? I did, but I'm like the only one.
I bought the second one, but am yet to watch it.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Isaac wrote:I think it's somewhat relevant to ask, did anybody else think the second Iron Man Movie was better than the first? I did, but I'm like the only one.
Fixed ^_~

I liked them both the same.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

So it's official, since none can counter my superior arguments:
Iron Man > Batman

lol
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Batman hacks Iron Man's armor while Tony Stark is drunk. -fin-
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

null0010 wrote:Batman hacks Iron Man's armor while Tony Stark is drunk. -fin-
Isaac wrote:Let's just say we give each a week for prep and instruct both to meet in an area on a specific date. No way would Batman win. He'd have to build massive amounts of tech he's never thought of making before. Maybe Batman could outsource some weaponry from a different weapon developer, but nothing will compare to the Ironman suit.

So yeah, if ONLY Batman knew of the fight he'd sneak into Stark's house and zip-tie Stark's wrist to his ankle, winning. That's not really Batman VS Ironman, is it?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Batman calls up Catwoman and has her take point in a sexy pose, Tony Stark strips out of the suit in record time upon arrival and then Batman tasers him.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Krom wrote:Batman calls up Catwoman and has her take point in a sexy pose, Tony Stark strips out of the suit in record time upon arrival and then Batman tasers him.
Naruto Gambit? :P
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

Batman = Ironman.

Who won the fight would depend on who wrote the comic. You have to face it, superheroes are invincible whether or not it's one of their powers. The only weakness of any superhero is the writer of his stories. Superheroes are always winning or coming out on top against realistic odds and in completely unreasonable ways. So if a batman lover wrote it, batman would launch a virus, get ironman drunk, use an EMP or whatever else he thought of. But if an ironman guy wrote it ironman would win against batman in whatever way he thought of. You can't really say \"would superhero X or superhero Y win?\" and believe it was actually possible to figure it out.

BTW, the reason kryptonite was introduced into the superman series, was because an invincible superhero who could never possibly lose gets boring. No suspense. It was lame without kryptonite.
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

By the way, I think krom's idea is one of the most well thought out idea yet... :twisted:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

deathbeam wrote:Batman = Ironman.

Who won the fight would depend on who wrote the comic. You have to face it, superheroes are invincible whether or not it's one of their powers. The only weakness of any superhero is the writer of his stories. Superheroes are always winning or coming out on top against realistic odds and in completely unreasonable ways. So if a batman lover wrote it, batman would launch a virus, get ironman drunk, use an EMP or whatever else he thought of. But if an ironman guy wrote it ironman would win against batman in whatever way he thought of. You can't really say "would superhero X or superhero Y win?" and believe it was actually possible to figure it out.

BTW, the reason kryptonite was introduced into the superman series, was because an invincible superhero who could never possibly lose gets boring. No suspense. It was lame without kryptonite.
Isaac wrote:
Ok... If the battle took place in a Batman comic, Batman will win. Of course, the same would happen the other way around were the story happening in an Iron Man comic; Iron Man would win.

Taking the two and putting them in the same place means joining the two worlds, including their fighting strategies, from top to bottom; in and out; 大&小!

Both are planners! However, Stark does plan for countering through technology. And Stark is brilliant at this and normally beats the stronger enemy as a result.

How does this compare to the Batman Gambit, linked in your article?

They negate each other! We have a perfect upgrade counter strategy verses a perfect battle counter strategy. Each party is able to predict and research the other to the fullest extent and can brilliantly predict the others actions. Strategy, their most important asset, is equal on both sides of the equation. Clearly, Iron Man's side carries the balance.
EMP:
Isaac wrote:...and to add to my last post, since editing is an issue at the moment...

An Ironman beats an EMP in the comic world.
Isaac wrote:
Krom wrote:So basically what you are saying is that Iron Man would have to pick a different universe with different laws of physics in order to be able to beat Batman. I think we can agree on that. :P
Hahha @ tap dancing.

I'm saying their "laws of physics" are not ours, and thus we can only use our world as a reference when their "history" provides no examples. We have EMPs in Ironman.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Isaac wrote:
null0010 wrote:Batman hacks Iron Man's armor while Tony Stark is drunk. -fin-
Isaac wrote:Let's just say we give each a week for prep and instruct both to meet in an area on a specific date. No way would Batman win. He'd have to build massive amounts of tech he's never thought of making before. Maybe Batman could outsource some weaponry from a different weapon developer, but nothing will compare to the Ironman suit.

So yeah, if ONLY Batman knew of the fight he'd sneak into Stark's house and zip-tie Stark's wrist to his ankle, winning. That's not really Batman VS Ironman, is it?
Batman beat Superman by threatening to murder his love interest. You just have a fanboy crush on Tony Stark's mustache.
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

At this point I think it's obvious that if Isaac wrote the comic, Ironman would win. :P

(1) I didn't say an EMP was a good way for batman to win. Although it should be noted that ironman is only invincible to an EMP IN HIS universe. But as krom pointed out, in this universe there is no real way to defend against a good EMP which would yes be portable enough to carry to the fight scene.

(2) You haven't touched on the idea of batman getting ironman while he was out of the suit. But then again Ironman could get batman while he was unprepared or out of his armor. So it would depend on who wrote the comic...

Batman = Ironman.
1 > 1 for extremely large values of 1.

In this universe, each of them has a 50-50 chance of winning.
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

And if Ironman AND batman knew about the fight, there would still be a 50-50 chance. As batman could also come up with clever tech just as fast as ironman. Plus, neither of them are sure to end up in a real fight. Both are cunning enough to avoid it.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Bruce would drink Tony under the table.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Batman would steal Chemistro's alchemy gun and turn Tony's suit into aluminum foil.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

Heretic wrote:
TechPro wrote:Superman = Bachelor,
Clark Kent Married Lois Lane
As Clark Kent, Superman lives among humans as a "mild-mannered reporter" for the Metropolis newspaper Daily Planet (Daily Star in the earliest stories). There he works alongside reporter Lois Lane, with whom he is romantically linked. This relationship has been consummated by marriage on numerous occasions across various media, and this union is now firmly established within mainstream comics' continuity.
Speaking of that...

Scroll down to "Lois and Clark"
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

lol
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

without the gizmos, Batman winz because he's a Ninja :P

</thread> ^_~
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Yes if it was just Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne, Bruce would be the winner.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Alter-Fox wrote:Yes if it was just Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne, Bruce would be the winner.
Not true: Tony Stark has bio tech in him, in the newer comics, and does not need a suit to still be Iron Man.

It's impossible for Batman to win. :)
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

If the fight took place in this universe, ironman's suit wouldn't even work. :P
Kinda takes some weight off his side doesn't it?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

But the universe, and thus the laws of reality, are just the construct of weak minds. In the minds of writers, reality's laws are no barrier.

So we need to hire a professional, unbiased writer to write a comic where Batman and Ironman fight. Someone who is not as weak minded as all of us.

Therefore, I put it to you that these are not, in fact, the droids you're looking for.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

One more time!!!

Post by Isaac »

deathbeam wrote:If the fight took place in this universe, ironman's suit wouldn't even work. :P
Kinda takes some weight off his side doesn't it?
The same applies to Batman.

Again: In order to have a real Iron Man vs Batman fight all attributes must be consolidated into one universe. All storyline advantages must be included. The Batman physics, allowing his own equipment not to kill him, and Iron Man physics, the stuff that makes his suit work, must all behave the way they're suppose to or there is no debate.
Also, A surprise attack by one party is also not an Iron Man vs Batman scenario.

I'm saying, a real Batman vs Iron Man fight is impossible for Batman to win. ImPoSiBle.

And again: anyone who actually analyzes, not just quickly assuming, their past will clearly see that Batman's limitations are greater than Iron Man's. Batman could hardly defeat Bane, almost dying in the attack. Bane is not as intelligent or technologically advanced as Iron Man. Stark (Iron Man) might be more intelligent than Bane and is absolutely more technologically capable than both, by far. EMPs will not work against Iron Man. Going into a "tech race" will is also a loosing fight for Batman, especially if they are both given a week to prepare, clearly stated in post 3.

Batman would need:
1) To keep the fight on the ground; the Iron Man is a smart missile made of smart missiles.
2) Turn the fight into a nuke war; I can't find anything about the Iron Man suit going against a nuke.

I can still think of ways for the Iron Man to come out on top, even if all necessities are met. I'll have to do more research but I seriously doubt The-Batman could win a nuke battle against stark.

The funny thing is... I think it's impossible for Iron Man to beat Spiderman, even with no warning given to Spiderman.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Look a little girl can take Ironman out Katherine Anne Pryde would just phase through the suit rendering it inert. Along with his electromagnet in his chest causing Tony Stark to die.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Heretic wrote:Look a little girl can take Ironman out Katherine Anne Pryde would just phase through the suit rendering it inert. Along with his electromagnet in his chest causing Tony Stark to die.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! IT'S SO IRRELEVANT I ALMOST EXPLODED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

Alter-Fox wrote:Therefore, I put it to you that these are not, in fact, the droids you're looking for.
qft
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

Batman has the ability to improve himself. Just because he doesn't do the best on one fight doesn't mean he'll never do better. And of course, if the variables(such as when the fight took place, if either party was aware it would occur beforehand, if either party had a brain the size of a peanut) happened to be bent in ironman's advantage, he would win. But then again, if the variables were bent in batman's favor he would win.

Batman = Ironman. And the fact that Ironman has had a more creative past with a wider spread of evil enemies to deal with does not mean that batman is weaker.

Now if we were going to try a full universal merge, with ALL variables from both sides being transferred, and equal advantages like timing and such, perhaps it would be reasonable to assume one would win. But I think it likely that the universes contradict each other at points. Not to mention you would have to try to pick a point in each hero's career where the balance would be equal. Most if not all superheros get better as they go on.

BTW, I know very little about batman or ironman. So if a reasonable universal merge was achieved, I would have no idea where to place my bets.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ugh... You win... I give up...
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Oookay... that was unexpected.

I loved the Batman and Ironman movies (the first Ironman movie was better imo, but the second was still very good).

I'm interested in the comics now but I can't find them anywhere.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Alter-Fox wrote:Oookay... that was unexpected.
Eehh... I'm in a bad mood right now...

Alter-Fox wrote:I loved the Batman and Ironman movies (the first Ironman movie was better imo, but the second was still very good).

I'm interested in the comics now but I can't find them anywhere.
I think the old ones are all on e-book, but the main comic sites have free ways to catch-up in the series so you can subscribe to the printed editions, I think. It could now all be in e-book format, for all I know.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Alter-Fox wrote:the universe, and thus the laws of reality, are just the construct of weak minds.
Says who?

Okay, so if Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne really did exist, Tony's tech wouldn't work and if the fight was between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne, then Bruce Wayne (Batman) would win because he is a ninja. :P

</thread> ^_~
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

You can't end my thread!!!!

THE END!

/thread!
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

o kool ^_^
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

How about the Justice League vs the Marvel equivalent?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Avder wrote:How about the Justice League vs the Marvel equivalent?
That's silly. Superman + Batman + (Who cares about the rest) = logically impossible to beat. I mean, even the Hulk would have issues.

/thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

The Hulk has infinite power.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

null0010 wrote:The Hulk has infinite power.
Yes, but superman could launch him into the sun.

/thread
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You forgot The Flash, who is also a member of the Justice League. (Link contains NSFW language, you have been warned.)
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by TigerRaptor »

Isaac wrote:
null0010 wrote:The Hulk has infinite power.
Yes, but superman could launch him into the sun.

/thread
There is a slim chance he might be right. I heard sometime ago Marvel released a comic of The Hulk holding up the universe.

If such a comic does exist. I would like to see proof of it.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Too late. I win. :P