Your drug habit-

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Behemoth »

Spidey wrote: And if you have never done drugs…then you wouldn’t really know why people are doing it…other than what you can make up in your own mind or what you have heard from others.
Sad more people don't understand this.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Your drug habit-

Post by Neo »

I don't need to know why other people do them. I DO need to know that it's a stupid thing to do. People do a lot of dumb things. I don't care why people do them. As Chuck Norris® has said, "The whys and wherefores don't matter." =P
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

You also would do better not to talk about them, And when i say 'you' i mean anyone in general.
Just like a skinny person has no right (i used the word in a common sense, you have the right to say whatever you want.) telling a fat person they're fat, it's obvious.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Dude... You FAT.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

ThunderBunny wrote:Dude... You FAT.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Drugs are bad, um-kay.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Just like armchair politicians should stop posting in E&C.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I'm running for armchair President, Neo, and I want your vote! It's time to sit down and be counted!
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I'm just saying if you're going to do a Hillary and tell people they can't say something because your scary "Mrs. Experience" doll will eat them, then you might as well not talk about politics if you haven't been a politician, or stop talking about religion if you don't believe it and never studied it, stop talking about science if you didn't study it in school... it just defeats the whole purpose of making a forum like this in the first place.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you see my point. ^_~
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by callmeslick »

ThunderBunny wrote:I have always wondered WHY people seek ways to get high in the first place.
ever wondered why it has been a part of human culture for, like, forever?

I have never once in my life wanted to be \"out of it\" or \"high\" for 'fun.'
where is your sense of adventure? Seriously, anyone who doesn't at least experiment with the concept, to my mind, has a very limited level of personal creativity.
There is certainly a place for certain drugs like putting you out for surgery or for pain management UNDER a doctors' care- but never for 'recreation.'
sort of a blanket statement there,isn't it? I mean, you feel no interest, despite a few thousand years of human experience and practice, so therefore 'never'? I mean, I don't read you as clearly endorsing that your view be mandated by law, but you come sort of close to imposing your morality on others by the above statement. I feel it should be an individual's decision, and would thus expect wide variation. As with most behaviors, the obvious cautionary should be to exercise moderation. My personal stance:

OK for recreation: Alcohol, cannabinoids, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, powdered cocaine, peyote

Probably not a good idea: Heroin, amphetamines, PCB, excstasy, most psychoactive pharmaceuticals.

Completely out of the question: Inhalants, ether, amyl nitrate,crack cocaine, A Drug Called Charlie Sheen.

of course, this list is both subject to change and entirely tongue-in-cheek....well except for the Charlie Sheen thing. :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Bet, you did read the words, "tongue-in-cheek" at the bottom of my post, right?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

All drugs are dumb, but I can't talk any personal trash, as I was wrapped up in them for a while myself. Sure wish I never did them, though. All they do is hurt people.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

SilverFJ wrote:All drugs are dumb, but I can't talk any personal trash, as I was wrapped up in them for a while myself. Sure wish I never did them, though. All they do is hurt people.
by and large, I'd agree. I really don't see where moderate use, be it of, say, alcohol or marijuana, does anyone any harm at all. Would you disagree, and if so, why?
George Orwell---"1984"
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Like myself, not everyone can maintain moderation. I drink all the time, and it hurts my life. But I was raised into it, it's my culture. I know I can stop, but I just don't want to. It's my own fault, not blaming anyone. But I can get by with it.

Don't get me wrong, I think all of the stuff should be legal, I believe in a free America.
Oh, and pot makes you lazy.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

SilverFJ wrote:Oh, and pot makes you lazy.
I dunno......Willie Nelson has kept working pretty hard all these years. :lol:

(slick awaits Rimshot, and heads off to tie trout flies and play with grandson.....enough fun for one day!)
George Orwell---"1984"
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I've always enjoyed smoking weed myself. I not sure an inanimate object can be either good or evil, but rather the misuse of it.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

SilverFJ wrote:Oh, and pot makes you lazy.
Sometimes I need to be lazy; sometimes being lazy is healthy and good. Sometimes I need to force myself to stop working on things.