Your Top Animes

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Your Top Animes

Post by Krom »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:No point in starting a new thread.

Just got done watching one called Claymore. I actually liked show as the story line kept me on edge. But this show is rather dark and very bloody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_%28manga%29
The anime original ending was pretty mediocre, but the manga is still ongoing and has kept up the quality.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

The ending was ok I guess.

But honestly I've seen worse. The ending to Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi.I thought was complete BS. Especially after that big fight!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

HSD Kenichi manga hasn't ended yet either. Actually the impressive part of the series is the main character has been developing consistently through the whole thing, and he gradually changes and gets stronger as it progresses. Also the side characters stay relevant which is pretty rare and fresh in a shounen manga. Course the one downside is that it is loaded with excessive fanservice, always something. :P
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

For the anime side of it there has been no talk about continuing on with the series.:x But the manga side of it which you said already is still going. The show does have potential and ending it like they did seems foolish.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Actual character development (as opposed to just "powering up") and relevant supporting characters are both exceedingly rare in shonen anime, from what I've seen and heard so far...
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Isaac wrote:
TigerRaptorFX wrote:
Isaac wrote:Do American anime-style cartoons count?

There are a few, one of which I think is pretty funny.
This one might be up your road then. :wink:

Panty & Stocking
ugh... or not..
Yeah, sounds like something a girl would like.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

I don't watch a lot of anime, but...

Code Lyoko. They would go into this virtual world to stop this computer in their basement of their underground base which would somehow be able to damage the real world. They would go into the virtual world and appear as cool avatars with specific specializations. One had a katana, one was like a monkey and shot darts from his wrist. I'd pick Zero as my avatar. There would be no stopping Zero.

Day of Sigma OVA for Megaman X. Not really a series, but a 30 minute animation. (IDK what OVA means)

The occational Pokemon movie. Some of the movies were good. Tree of beginning was one of my favorites. The first is a good one. Something about Garatina was a very good one, but the grass pokemon that tagged along was annoying. The main antagonist was named Zero which was interesting. Deyoxis is one of my favorites. All others are either in shark territory, or I just forgot that I liked them. I haven't seen all of them.
Just say no to the TV show nowadays. That went to someplace beyond hell.

I think I used to watch a little bit of...what was it? I think it was Gundam Wing. See? I don't even know the name. ;)

I seem to keep drawing Zero.

Clicky clicky, please!

Mah first time drawing him ON PAPER. Third time total. I drew him twice previously on the DSi.

And that's NUMBERZero's limited look into the realm of anime :)
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Naruto seems to be out of it's filler-run and back on the main story. I'm very happy.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

The main story sucks for the next year or so, but perhaps it will be better animated.

And I was annoyed today because someone must have hijacked Funimation or its advertising servers because google is throwing an attack site warning on their One Piece official streaming site (and other Funimation sites). I've seen this happen to other legit sites before, hopefully Funimation gets it sorted out quick and fires whatever advertising service let it happen.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

The main story of Naruto Ship. sucks? No way! I'm dying to see what's about to happen! (Please, no spoilers)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The kid with the yellow spiky hair continues to get stronger.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I predict he starts to loose his powers, actually. His supper move destroys him. But I don't want to read up on where the manga is or what will actually happen. I want to just watch the story as it comes.

I assume someone will posts spoilers here since I've said I don't want any, so I will not read this thread any more.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

As for me, I really like a LOT of animes, but I will list some of my favorites (in no specific order): Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood, Wolf's Rain, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Ojamajo Doremi, Elfen Lied, Naruto (specially Shippuden), Card Captor Sakura, Digimon, Lucky Star, Black Butler, Soul Eater, xxxHolic, Ouran Host Club and a huge lot more. :P
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

does this mean there's no plural of 'anime?' ^_~
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Glowhyena »

Krom wrote:Actually there are two One Piece dubs:

Originally it was dubbed by 4Kids, and heavily censored/outright rewritten in many places, plus the dubbing work was plain awful. Obviously this made a lot of people very angry and is widely considered to have been bad idea.

However a few years ago 4Kids lost the license finally and it got picked up by Funimation that has redone most of the series and is still ongoing, their dub quality is quite good so most fans like it. Funimation is even so kind as to offer almost everything they have done streaming for free on their site, episodes are available in both dubbed and subbed, they also stream the latest episode subbed one hour after it airs in Japan (Saturday night in the US). So actually the current company that has the One Piece license is pretty awesome and everyone interested should check it out.
Yeah, the change is very different and ridiculous. (I don't hate anime.)

Well, I'm supposed to not blame people for liking anime. I don't know why you and people never realize anime as cookie cutters. Why not hate them for repetitive styles?

I want to know.
MD1985