And where were you born again ...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

And where were you born again ...

Post by KoolBear »

Obama admits he is not a citizen.

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: And where were you born again ...

Post by CUDA »

it does make you question. either way it's all irrelevant anyways. it will never get him removed from office. also it makes you wonder where the press is in all this. you would think they would be all over it. not even the "haters of the DNC" Fox has reported on it that I have seen.

and FYI I was born in Passaic NJ in 1960 and I HAVE my birth certificate to prove it :mrgreen:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Slippin' in a late April Fools joke on us, KB? ;) That video has more cuts in it than the local meat market. That's not what he said.

I disagree, CUDA. I think if there were conclusive proof that Obama was not natural born, that he could be impeached. It would be a fight, and it would certainly start at the bottom, because there's no way it would start at the top, but I think it's possible.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Slippin' in a late April Fools joke on us, KB? ;) That video has more cuts in it than the local meat market. That's not what he said.

I disagree, CUDA. I think if there were conclusive proof that Obama was not natural born, that he could be impeached. It would be a fight, and it would certainly start at the bottom, because there's no way it would start at the top, but I think it's possible.
I'm not saying it's not legit. I'm saying it's never gonna happen. the next election cycle would be over before ANY Scotus challenge would likely occur, not to mention for there to be an impeachment it would need to go through the Senate, which is currently controlled by the Democrats, I would be SHOCKED if they turned on one of their own. they never have in the past
Obama will serve out his Presidency I am 99% sure of that. the question remains however, IF after he leaves office and this is proved to be true, what of the constitutionality of any law that he signed. would they be invalidated?
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I'm generally an optimist, but I think you're probably right. However, if it were proved that he is ineligible, that could lead to him being barred from a second term, or impeached during a second term (God forbid). To consider the future beyond his present term... That is if he is ineligible.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Obama or Biden, it's the same deal. We just gotta wait 'em out.

btw I think this was a joke.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

lol, well done april fools' joke.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Ferno wrote:lol, well done april fools' joke.
ya I thought about that but it's still a valid topic anyways :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Not really. :P
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

I didn't post it as a joke
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

it doesnt matter really, he will never be inpeached, after all, he is just a puppet....

http://www.wallstreetsurvivor.com/CS/fo ... 42626.aspx

Obama and a vast majority of our so called elected leaders work for the Pope.... funny thing here is the Pope is stealing our own money to pay off our polititions.....

Several of our presidents have been on the Popes payroll, Obama, both Bush's and even Clinton, but even the Justices of the Supreme court and the most influencial of congress.... so no, it would be impossable to impeach Obama at this point, as who would do the impeaching?
https://www.patriotactionnetwork.com/pr ... e=activity
but the vatican has passed new money laundering laws that will supposedly make scandals like this a thing of the past... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNVNhB-m0o
as you can see, in the past, 9 trillion dollars have gone missing.... and no one has know to where it had gone till this past January, and strangly the news here is very quiet about this scandal.

But then again.... the USA aint the usa anymore, as Obama has quietly completed the North american union... and the news is also very quiet about this, in fact virtually NO american news outlets have carried this story.... altho you can read that this treaty was in fact signed on whitehouse.gov web site....

http://www.eutimes.net/2011/02/obama-cr ... da-merger/

of course this was again the Popes plan as he stated back in 2006.

Date: 2006-10-24
Prelates Promote a United American Continent
VATICAN CITY, OCT. 24, 2006 (Zenit.org).- Bishops in the New World are doing what they can to promote Pope John Paul II's concept of the Americas as one continent, reports the Vatican.

A Vatican communiqué issued Saturday reported that the Special Council for America of the Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops has proposed including U.S. and Canadian bishops as delegates to the 5th General Conference of the Latin American Episcopate, which Benedict XVI plans to attend in Aparecida, Brazil, next May.

The final communiqué of the 11th meeting of the council, held in the Vatican on Oct. 2-3, confirmed the "hope" breathed in Rome about preparations for that meeting.

"It is hoped that delegations of the episcopate of the United States and of Canada will also participate to keep alive what has been called 'John Paul II's geography' of an America considered as one united continent," stated the communiqué.

The theme of the meeting will be "Disciples and Missionaries of Jesus Christ, so That Our Peoples Will Have Life in Him

Is it any wonder in the past 20 years,while these rogue presidents have been selling off our wealth and freedoms, the middle class have been destroyed and the working class are nearly any better than slaves, or the loss of our freedoms? or heck, the fact that somone can be called a herit... i mean terrorist, hauled off to jail and tourtured and held for an undertermined amount of time... all with out a public trial, it is clear to me we will be no better off in the future then people were in the dark ages... i guess history really does repete..
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

well if you believe that teddy, I have a deed to the Brooklyn bridge to sell you. How's three grand sound? you'll make your money back in a day. :)

CUDA wrote:
no, not really. just another 'he's from kenya' line of crap again. what's next. demanding to see his birth certificate?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...seriously, what the hell is it about the game Descent that has managed to bring so many wacko conspiracy nuts together on one forum? It's been like this for as long as I've been coming here, too. Maybe the Fusion Cannon leaks too much radiation into the cockpit. :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Ferno wrote:well if you believe that teddy, I have a deed to the Brooklyn bridge to sell you. How's three grand sound? you'll make your money back in a day. :)

CUDA wrote:
no, not really. just another 'he's from kenya' line of crap again. what's next. demanding to see his birth certificate?
maybe so Ferno. and I'm not sure I believe it one way or another. but do you know who has the power to put this to rest?? President Obama. all he needs to do is produce his birth certificate and all this talk would be a moot point. so why hasn't he done it?

but again I ask what if he was not born in this country? first we may never know OR maybe his political adversaries already do know and realize that it would be pointless to do anything this far into his term. and maybe they are holding off until the next election cycle so they can guarantee he will not be on the ballot. and again I ask "IF it's true, what does that do to every single law or bill that was signed by him.
because if he was not constitutionally allowed to hold the office, then he was not constitutionally authorized to sign those documents.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Funny how a Certification of Live Birth wasn't enough to prove my son was my son to the Insurance Company. I receive a Certification of Live Birth through the mail when I requested a certified birth certificate from the state where my son was born to send to them for verification of dependency. The state sent me a Certification of Live Birth. I received a letter from the Insurance stating that this is not proof that my son was my dependent. I got on the phone and call the customer support and was told I had to get a real certifiable birth certificate. Oh I went off on the poor slob of a call center employee then ask for his super and then went off on him also telling them that a Certification of Live Birth was enough to become president but not enough to prove dependency. Long story short I ended up in the county seat where my son was born getting a real Birth Certificate to send to the insurance company. So why can a person in the white house who used a Certification of Live Birth to prove he is an american citizen but I can't use one for verification of dependency?
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Top Gun wrote:...seriously, what the hell is it about the game Descent that has managed to bring so many wacko conspiracy nuts together on one forum? It's been like this for as long as I've been coming here, too. Maybe the Fusion Cannon leaks too much radiation into the cockpit. :P
I have a new signature, thank you.
CUDA wrote:all he needs to do is produce his birth certificate and all this talk would be a moot point. so why hasn't he done it?
Were I in his position, I wouldn't produce my birth certificate either. The "controversy" has the effect of making those who believe Obama isn't an American citizen look ridiculous.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

How this is even being discussed I have no idea.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... e_usa.html
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... e-part-ii/
PolitiFact wrote:And there's the rub. It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world's biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything's possible.

But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what's reasonable has to take over.

There is not one shred of evidence to disprove PolitiFact's conclusion that the candidate's name is Barack Hussein Obama, or to support allegations that the birth certificate he released isn't authentic.

And that's true no matter how many people cling to some hint of doubt and use the Internet to fuel their innate sense of distrust.
Trash him on his bailout of large banks, or his lack of change in foreign policy. To still claim that he isn't an American citizen is just pointless.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

maybe so Ferno. and I'm not sure I believe it one way or another. but do you know who has the power to put this to rest?? President Obama. all he needs to do is produce his birth certificate and all this talk would be a moot point. so why hasn't he done it?
or maybe.. he just couldn't be arsed to do it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

If the individual states make it a requirement to produce a real birth certificate in order to be on the ballot in their state, then we will not have this question arise in the future. All it takes is one state.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Dakatsu wrote:Trash him on his bailout of large banks, or his lack of change in foreign policy. To still claim that he isn't an American citizen is just pointless.
they are not claiming he's not a U.S. citizen. they are claiming he wasn't Born in the U.S. there is a difference. the Constitution requires for you to be President that you must be Born a U.S. citizen.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote:If the individual states make it a requirement to produce a real birth certificate in order to be on the ballot in their state, then we will not have this question arise in the future. All it takes is one state.
I think it would be funny as hell if a few states did that. I love seeing the political status quo and all its champions in disarray.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

CUDA wrote:
Dakatsu wrote:Trash him on his bailout of large banks, or his lack of change in foreign policy. To still claim that he isn't an American citizen is just pointless.
they are not claiming he's not a U.S. citizen. they are claiming he wasn't Born in the U.S. there is a difference. the Constitution requires for you to be President that you must be Born a U.S. citizen.
Errr... of course that's what I meant! :wink: :|

Birth Certificate = Born in the U.S.A.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Cuda wrote: President Obama. all he needs to do is produce his birth certificate and all this talk would be a moot point. so why hasn't he done it?
...and all you would hear for weeks is, "what took him so long?", "Why did it have to take so long?", "Why now, what is he hiding?!?"

There is alot of truth to null's point. Most moderates think you guys look like nuts when you bring this up, so I think the DNC is all too willing to slip a bigger soap box under your feet.

Its as the saying goes, "Arguing with idiots makes you look like an idiot." Obama is doing right by sitting this one out.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

It would be as silly for Obama to address this as it would be for Glenn Beck to address those rumors that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990. (Those rumors are false, for the curious).
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Exactly. The simple act of responding directly to the goofy rumors would lend them a level of credence. By essentially ignoring them, they remain as goofy as before.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

*BUMP*
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... ertificate
The White House on Wednesday morning released the president's long form birth certificate (pdf) in an attempt to put "birther" questions to rest.
Even more settled than before. Can we PLEASE move on as a nation?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The pathetic thing is that you know people won't.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Agreed. it will just like the Kennedy Assassination, or the Moon landing, or the people that think 9-11 was a Government conspiracy. some people just want to think things cannot possibly be real.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

A former co-worker of mine disputes all of the above. :P
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

The forgers told their time...er, I mean...

Finally put this to rest I see. :)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I think they just stirred the pot more by releasing something that looks really odd.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Here's the thing about this whole manufactured controversy that has never made any sense to me. By the letter of the Constitution, the president must be a "natural-born" citizen of the United States. But even if Obama had been born outside the US, his mother is American...so he'd be a natural-born citizen anyway. The whole thing is completely meaningless.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Blacks Law Dictionary (9th Edition) defines 'Natural Born Citizen' as "A person born within the jurisdiction of a national government".
"IF" I interpret this correct. according to the legal definition, you are required to be born on U.S. soil to be considered a Natural Born citizen

your Lineage does not make you a Natural born citizen

― Theodore Roosevelt
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

IMO, I think this was a huge mistake by Obama's camp.

Releasing the document now just lends credence to the 'birthers' (and Trump), who had been looking more and more wacky and desperate. Now it's back in the news, and the birthers can jump on the timing of the release.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Foil wrote:IMO, I think this was a huge mistake by Obama's camp.

Releasing the document now just lends credence to the 'birthers' (and Trump), who had been looking more and more wacky and desperate. Now it's back in the news, and the birthers can jump on the timing of the release.
He had no choice but to try and stop it because the recent polls show that too many people doubt his citizenship. Why they had to release something with layers in it, if in fact it does have them, is really odd. I have to believe even if he faked it he has access to a better forgery than that. So I wonder, again if the pdf indeed does have layers, was someone who was supposed to be helping in the fraud trying to sabotage him or is he purposely leading them all on a little further and deeper with the strange document before he actually clears it all up?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

*blink* layers? What layers?

You mean they sent out a PDF of the certificate? lol. What's wrong with just a picture?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

this whole thing was a mistake from the start.

it's all a case of trying to get the guy who a bunch of people didn't like kicked out of office.

that's all it is.

you can argue all you want, make a multi-paragraph post with your reasons, but the core of the issue is they just didn't LIKE the guy.

"You mean they sent out a PDF of the certificate? lol. What's wrong with just a picture?"

a pdf can be a picture aswell. duh!
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Yes, but is it a multi-layer PDF? Of what layers do they speak?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »