Obama's new campaign logo!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Obama's new campaign logo!

Post by Nightshade »

Like it? :twisted:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Obama's new campaign logo!

Post by Gooberman »

It will be another choice between one party who will increase your taxes and increase spending, and the other who will decrease your taxes and increase spending.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Made it myself. Decided to put a little "truth" in advertising. :wink:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I think you forgot the "truth" part. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And yet, Obama will still come up short against the corporate megaliths and billionaires that can pour endless wads of cash into any candidate that suits their agenda. We are headed towards an Aristocracy, or is it an Oligarchy. If the Republicans, or even the Democrats, can just say no to greed, prestige and power and put up someone that isn't an absolute transparent, unprincipled, numbnut, corporate stooge (hey, sounds like Obama), maybe......... :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Tunnelcat, I think the word you want is "plutocracy."
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Government by Pluto? I'm for it!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

ThunderBunny wrote:Made it myself. Decided to put a little "truth" in advertising. :wink:
more like propaganda.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Pretty sad that, even at this point, People could or would still defend this current administration.
Imo, It has been nothing more than a joke, or media fluke in my opinion to see how manipulatable the voting masses are.
I've heard somewhere that percentage amount of voters has declined since mid 50's-60's and had a recent spike in 2008, not surprising considering all you saw on MTV in those days was the advocation of
a) a black president, or
b) a female president
Both of whom would be a first for the seat.

And while it has no affect on me whatsoever that the commander in chief's skin color is different, I do believe this situation was presented with biased liberal agenda poured out everywhere, But it made me realize something important, Seeing so many black (yes, black not african) americans saying they voted just because he was black seems to me like an exploitation of so many americans good intentions.

Also i feel the need to call in to question, What has Obama actually REALLY done for this country?
If you have a counter argument fine, as long as you name one thing positive (short term and long term benificial to country) that he's done, And BTW don't respond with a "He has a huge mess to clean up from Bush" You won't get a response.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Behemoth wrote:What has Obama actually REALLY done for this country?
http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... mise-kept/
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Interesting reply, but I didn't ask for links. Perhaps I should've clarified my question.
How about this, In YOUR own words how far has Obama taken our country forward? Please use links to verify your claims, but feel free not to use them as a reply again.
Also, as much money that the Bush administration threw out into the war economy publicly, This one doesn't seem to be shy about spending PLENTY of tax money elsewhere. Different problem, same spending IMO.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

null0010 wrote:Tunnelcat, I think the word you want is "plutocracy."
That's it!

There may not be as many promises broken as promises kept, and he's had a constant uphill battle against the GOP, but those broken promises sting and he seem to not have fought for them very hard before throwing in the towel.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... se-broken/

Another thing he hasn't done is purge most of those multitudinous Bush appointments from the myriad mid and lower level positions in the government. They're still on the job, like little parasites working against the organism.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Bettina wrote:I'll give you what I wanted most. The repeal of Bush's restrictions on Stem Cell research.
Oh, great. We can harvest murdered children now. I think the question was something along the lines of "what has he done for us", not just left-leaning maniacs.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Aww man I had to give a big LOL at that.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Bet51987 wrote: And, I will never forget how the GOP apologized to BP for Obama making them pay for the cleanup of the mess that they caused. That was an awesome achievement.
Apparently you have already forgotten that it was not "the GOP" who made the apology, but Joe Barton, a Republican Congressman from the 6th Dist. in Texas. Oh, and for the record, BP had made numerous public statements about accepting their responsibility, and that they would pay compensation, for the effects of the spill that began April 20, all well prior to the settlement fund amount agreed to in the White House two months later on June 16.
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Behemoth wrote:Interesting reply, but I didn't ask for links. Perhaps I should've clarified my question.
How about this, In YOUR own words how far has Obama taken our country forward? Please use links to verify your claims, but feel free not to use them as a reply again.
Sounds like you're prepared to reject any claim I make. I'll write you an essay, professor, but it'll take me a little while.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Actually i'm looking forward to a REAL reply, i could do the same thing and post links for days but then it would kinda be missing the point of ethic & COMMENTARY don't you think?

I'm only focusing on this as to see some real credible defense to Obama's administration. I personally believe He has NO right to assume such a position without having any way to tell whether he belongs there in the first place or not. And as for those lists of promises kept? Doesn't make a difference if he's an invalid president... Not that it matters since it seems that by the time anyone finds any real proof he'll be way long gone out of the oval office where the damage will already have been done and billions of tax dollars will have been wasted on good faith in these "promises" of his.
Sounds to me like cheap exploitation of good natured people for believing that someone actually WANTS to do something right.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Oh. You're a birther.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Which doesn't mean anything to me. :)
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Oh. You're a birther.
Haha. Why has this issue dragged on, Null? If it wasn't an issue, Obama would have proudly flashed his papers to stick it in the face of the "birthers" as you call them.

It's interesting that Trump has made the birth certificate issue such a central point to his "campaign." Obama could shut him down instantly.

Why does Obama let this keep going?

Whether or not Obama was born in the US is not really an issue now. He is president.

What I do want is for the next election to require proper evidence of birth and citizenship for all presidential candidates to appear on the ballot. You need that for most normal jobs don't you? Just maybe it should be a requirement for the highest office in government. :)
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Debating back the birther argument is a bit like "whack-a-mole" on this forum of late. It keeps popping up in different threads, only to be argued against, with no followup from the birthers.....to then pop-up in a different thread.

If I whack this mole do you guys promise to keep it here? :-P

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18245
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

ThunderBunny wrote:
Oh. You're a birther.
Haha. Why has this issue dragged on, Null? If it wasn't an issue, Obama would have proudly flashed his papers to stick it in the face of the "birthers" as you call them.
I addressed this in another thread. Responding to every baseless crazy accusation is a poor policy and a waste of time. By acknowledging the rumors, Obama would give them power. It would be as silly as Glenn Beck addressing the rumor that he raped and murdered a young woman in 1990, and as silly as anyone addressing any similar rumor than Glenn Beck started.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

SilverFJ wrote:Oh, great. We can harvest murdered children now. I think the question was something along the lines of "what has he done for us", not just left-leaning maniacs.
lol. if you want to provoke a response out of that crowd, you're going to have to do better than that.

but since you asked...
Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers
Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans
I'm pretty sure this affects you.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Ferno wrote:
SilverFJ wrote:Oh, great. We can harvest murdered children now. I think the question was something along the lines of "what has he done for us", not just left-leaning maniacs.
lol. if you want to provoke a response out of that crowd, you're going to have to do better than that.

but since you asked...
Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers
Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans
I'm pretty sure this affects you.
I've never had a credit card.
I sealo my deals with handshakes and never get screwed on them, or the other way around.

Anything else?
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

SilverFJ wrote:I've never had a credit card.
I sealo my deals with handshakes and never get screwed on them, or the other way around.

Anything else?
Now you're just being deliberately obtuse so you can avoid saying," okay, maybe Obama has done one or two things."
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:...

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse so you can avoid saying," okay, maybe Obama has done one or two things."
Too bad he didn't run on the platform of "I'll do a couple of things right...but I'm gonna screw the pooch on most of it!"
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Okay then, since you guys keep avoiding the question i'll go ahead and tell you what he has NOT done.

We STILL have a great military presence in Iraq, Afghanistan, And now we've gone so far as the Libya crisis.
In my opinion it's not very safe having so much of your military spread out in at the very least 3 different countries, And i'm not saying I never supported the war, I think most of us considered it mandatory to do anything before the enemy planned on pushing further with more attacks on U.S. soil.

But, it's been three years and we've seen no large amount enough of soldiers returning and now he wants to cut THEIR PAY? While he and his wife waste hundreds of thousands of dollars taking a joy ride on air force one anytime they like?

That's not a Commander-in-chief, That's a celebrity and celebrities do not belong in the white house.

Oh, and BTW I wouldn't care less about where he was born if he just let the truth out for once, He IS a public servant, not the other way around.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

He IS a public servant, not the other way around.
That's huge problem as I see it. People calling them our leaders and the submission they show to those who are supposed to be subject to us. Once they take the title of leader it puts them in charge and makes us subject to their will. That ship has sailed though so I won't spend anymore time on it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, I was hoping for true health care reform…but that ship sailed.

It also occurs to me that some of the things Obama is getting credit for was the Congress.

When I look to the president for inspiration, its not signing routine little bills into law…its more like a plan on getting the country into the future, and stuff like that.

I don’t see any real push for the difficult things that actually mean something.

Change you can count on, as long as change means the same ole same old.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

SilverFJ wrote:I've never had a credit card.

Anything else?
well, there was a bunch of others.. but i got bored halfway though it and said '★■◆● it' :)
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Yeah, arguments like that can get old and/or at least half the time depend on perspective. :|